Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Last Dance

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    It is so tough because of different eras. Will say, LBJ seems to have a more complete game (maybe more so than anyone?)- I think he was leading the league in assists this season.

Personally, I think KD/Steph/Klay team would beat anyone in NBA history. But again, because this era is all about pure shooting and spreading the floor out.
    Depends on what rules in regards to "best team". If you go by today's rules, I could see that. If you go by the 80s or 90s, I doubt it. Curry and kd would get destroyed from a physical standpoint, you cant do anything defensively these days without getting a whistle, the game has changed so much.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Figured we could take a break from the topics of covid and how warm Steeles seat is. So much good stuff in these first two episodes...

1.) Krause being pictured as a villain yet Reinsdorf who was the owner and had the power to stop Krause, framed as a reasonable man.

2.) Completely forgot how underpaid Pippen was, crazy.

3.) Jordan at UNC hitting the back of his head on the backboard to block a shot is insane.
    My biggest takeaway? Jordan's mom looks fantastic! I mean she has to be at minimum mid to late 70's right and could easily be older? She looks like she is 60!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    As a Jazz fan, this is also something I'm not interested in re-living.
    Add a suffering Knicks fan to the mix!

Although I am watching.

Me and my brother were the only kids (at least in cincy) we knew who hated Michael Jordan growing up.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

A Cleveland guy saying Lebron is better than Jordan? Shocking. I can see both sides of this though. Different games, completely different eras of the nba.

I will say one thing the documentary did for me was long for that era of the nba...I hate today's league.
    In the late 90's as a kid the NBA was probably my favorite sport to watch. I loved the Knicks, was diehard and hated the Bulls, Pacers, and Heat. That was a great era of the NBA.

the NBA is much further down the list for me now. I know the Knicks sucking plays some part in that but not all.

Depends on what rules in regards to "best team". If you go by today's rules, I could see that. If you go by the 80s or 90s, I doubt it. Curry and kd would get destroyed from a physical standpoint, you cant do anything defensively these days without getting a whistle, the game has changed so much.
    I agree with this.

The Bulls probably had 3 big guys who wouldnt even be able to make the NBA in today's world.

Watched parts 3 and 4 last night. Had forgotten that Dennis Rodman took a "vacation" during part of that season. Also didn't remember the whole handshake fracas at the end of the Bulls/Pistons series. Isaiah Thomas' efforts to explain away good sportsmanship was cringeworthy (either didn't know or forgot that the Celtics did this before the Pistons). Also, forgot how much I disliked Bill Lambier.

There was also a Xavier sighting as Derrick Strong battled Rodman on one of the highlights.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook