Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
Let’s not ignore the 2019, 2020 classes. The 2019 class has Tandy and Freemantle. Besides those two, Ramsey and Miles are both projects. Ramsey may never be fully healthy to contribute meaningful minutes for Xavier and Miles is a big project who may or may not transfer in a couple of years. Xavier missed on Bishop. For 2020, both Odom and Wilcher look like impact guys. Colby Jones will hopefully make an impact but still is a project in my opinion.

I also said I would give Coach Steele another year to turn the ship. I still have faith in him but my patients is running thin with missing the NCAA tournament as much aa we have lately.
Feel free to list past Xavier classes with two freshman as impressive as Tandy and Freemantle. I can wait. Miles and Ramsey are redshirts - there's no way we can judge them either way at this point.

There's plenty of reasons to knock Steele. Recruiting isn't one of them. Also, this past season was disappointing for sure, but it's kind of weird people are just assuming Xavier would have missed the tournament. They would have been right there in the discussion, and not to mention the team's second best player didn't play the last three games, which would have made a huge difference.