Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peloton

Peloton

Who else has one? I’m about to hit ride #100 on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Did you buy it for the wife? lol
    2023 Sweet 16

Haha my sister just got one, so I went over to her place to check it out a week ago (luckily her husband and I share a shoe size so I didn't have to buy a pair of the spikes), and I'm not gonna lie, it's a pretty engaging workout, I've had a lot of fun the couple times I've done it, the full customization is crazy, blew my mind how much it costs, but I definitely think it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Did you buy it for the wife? lol
    No. But she does ride it herself. Bought it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

We got one for Christmas. I love it. I usually do a 20 or 30 minute ride at least 3-4 times a week. Me, my wife and my 8 year old son have also been using the app on our Amazon fire to do some of the other workout routines not related to the bike during our lock down. They have some ten minute workouts that are relatively intense. We call it "recess" for my son.

A Peloton seems like it would be a pretty nice thing to have right now. I just bought bikes for the wife and I. I've been running virtually every day and lifting weights (in my garage - the most New Jersey thing I have ever done), but the impact from running 30+ miles per week when you weigh 240lbs is not great. I'm hoping some cycling will add some variety to my exercise routine with out so much joint impact.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    A Peloton seems like it would be a pretty nice thing to have right now. I just bought bikes for the wife and I. I've been running virtually every day and lifting weights (in my garage - the most New Jersey thing I have ever done), but the impact from running 30+ miles per week when you weigh 240lbs is not great. I'm hoping some cycling will add some variety to my exercise routine with out so much joint impact.
    Good work man. I'm trying to stay as healthy as possible during this time period. Starts by shedding some lbs and getting some endurance built up.

I've got a good 21 day streak going doing something on the bike ever day (sometimes I do a 15 minute ride, other times an intense 45 minute class). I also use the meditations as well.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    We got one for Christmas. I love it. I usually do a 20 or 30 minute ride at least 3-4 times a week. Me, my wife and my 8 year old son have also been using the app on our Amazon fire to do some of the other workout routines not related to the bike during our lock down. They have some ten minute workouts that are relatively intense. We call it "recess" for my son.
    With the new tagging feature I picked up a few people to follow who also post on here or elsewhere. Tags for #Xaviernation and #LetsGoX exist.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

So I trust you are liking the Peloton so far? I may get one this fall / winter to replace my Elliptical. I've been enjoying outdoor cycling lately and I don't find the elliptical to be a hard enough workout. I've also been considering a Treadmill (potentially Peloton) but they (1) take up a lot more space and (2) are harder on the knees and ankles so I think I'm leaning toward a bike of some kind.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    So I trust you are liking the Peloton so far? I may get one this fall / winter to replace my Elliptical. I've been enjoying outdoor cycling lately and I don't find the elliptical to be a hard enough workout. I've also been considering a Treadmill (potentially Peloton) but they (1) take up a lot more space and (2) are harder on the knees and ankles so I think I'm leaning toward a bike of some kind.
    Love it so far. We've had it since November, but ever since this lockdown started it's been crucial. I work, come home and put 20-45 in on it to kind of destress. I'm on day 47 in a row doing some sort of ride.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook