Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ed Biles

Quote Originally Posted by nickgyp View Post
    The black drum major who was more entertaining and enthusiastic as any drum major of the day.
    The awesome drum major was named Wesley Turner. He was the highlight of every Xavier football game for 2 years after Biles left.
    Those teams were 1-9 with the only wins vs Quantico. The halftime show with the band was the only redeeming quality, until Checcini came.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The awesome drum major was named Wesley Turner. He was the highlight of every Xavier football game for 2 years after Biles left.
    Those teams were 1-9 with the only wins vs Quantico. The halftime show with the band was the only redeeming quality, until Checcini came.
    MOF: Had no idea of Wesley Turner's name but man, he was fun to watch. Quite the showman and the band did put on a good performance. Those were two ugly years of football. Wish that Checcini had been given some time. He did come down from Michigan to speak at a club football banquet held at Roger Bacon Hih School. Good guy. I believe his son was coaching football at Valparaiso and February, 2019 was named Bucknell's head coach.

BTW: Wikipedia spells it "Cecchini". I knew there were a lot of "c's" in his name and at least one "h". I have messed this up before and probably will in the future but at least I am still hooked on phonics...