Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    "I think we've got a great group in the locker room, good guys," Steele said. "I think we got guys that are going to play to win. No agendas."

No agendas

Interesting.
    It’s like when you walk in your kid’s room and the first thing they say is “we’re not doing anything bad.”

Back to Scruggs though, this is great news. He’ll be our only true senior and he’s the kind of player that can carry the team next March. Most importantly by all accounts he’s a great person and representative of the University.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

All-Conference
    If Naji does come back, it can't be what it was this past year. That's on Steele.

Naji would have to play within the confines of a newly designed offense.

Hopefully new personnel will allow Carter to get off the perimeter.
    Last edited by drudy23; 04-05-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Damn great news after basically 2020 getting off to a rough start, the roster is much better with Scruggs on it, and happy to have him be a senior leader out there for him, I have a feeling he could really thrive for us next year. He's had so many flashes of just unbelievable skill, great athletic moves, etc. He may go missing at times, and him and Naji never went off in the same game it feels like, but I think with him as a focal point it'll be pretty fun to see how he handles that.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    If Naji does come back, it can't be what it was this past year. That's on Steele.

I don’t know, I sure will miss that pump fake!

Great news. Can anyone tell me what Scruggs ideal position is? He isn't a true PG. I guess that's where he starts next year and we see what Odom can bring and how soon he can play? Does he prefer to play off the ball more?

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post

Barely any mention of Naji in the article, and zero comment regarding him from Steele.

He gone.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Great news. Can anyone tell me what Scruggs ideal position is? He isn't a true PG. I guess that's where he starts next year and we see what Odom can bring and how soon he can play? Does he prefer to play off the ball more?
    I would consider him more of a wing than anything else. Doesn’t have the ball handling abilities for point. Not a great catch and shoot player. But has a strong midrange and post up game, and he can rebound fairly well against other guards. My question is can he defend taller players well enough to play against 6-7/6-8 wings he might face? I think he is much better playing off the ball and not being counted on to facilitate for other players. I could see him moving into the high post against a 2-3 zone and creating havoc for the opposition with his ability to either shoot from there or drive. Has the POTENTIAL to be X’s best player next year, and to be one of the top players in the league, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Barely any mention of Naji in the article, and zero comment regarding him from Steele.

He gone.
    I agree.

Great to hear. I think this is the best choice for Paul.

Junior
    Scruggs has a very effective post up game that he can't use when he's playing the point. He's best at the 2 spot, maybe the 3.