Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Scruggs has a very effective post up game that he can't use when he's playing the point. He's best at the 2 spot, maybe the 3.
    The little turnaround fade away was strangely effective.

Junior
    Steele's comment about no agendas this coming year struck me. I think it proves there were serious player issues with Naji and Q. I think, even though he is talented, we're better off without Naji. Call it addition by subtraction. I just believe the team will be more cohesive without Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Steele's comment about no agendas this coming year struck me. I think it proves there were serious player issues with Naji and Q. I think, even though he is talented, we're better off without Naji. Call it addition by subtraction. I just believe the team will be more cohesive without Marshall
    That was my take away is well.
    X A V I E R

Not that we’ll ever find out or really matters, but you wonder how Paul and Naji feel about each other and the team as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Not that we’ll ever find out or really matters, but you wonder how Paul and Naji feel about each other and the team as a whole.
    Add in Q and Travis and you have to wonder about the undercurrents there. It always felt like there was some strange shit in the background we didn‘t know about. Maybe it was just blown up in my mind, but it felt like a real thing. Not just wins and losses, but I enjoyed last season less than any in recent time. Frustrating as hell!

None of us will probably ever know if there were personality conflicts among players and/or coaches and players last year, but why mention it if there weren’t?

Just goes to show that no matter how physically talented a group of players are, they have to jell as a TEAM before they can excel. I’m hoping that future squads find a way to jell and to excel. How quickly that happens and how successfully that happens may well determine just how good they are next year. Let’s hope that Paul is the leader that the team needed this past year. I think that Jones tried to be that leader, but I’m not sure that “everyone” bought into that. Some of the facial expressions and body postures coming out of team huddles last year didn’t look so good.

All-Conference
    It definitely feels like something was amiss - and there were episodes of facial expressions and body postures - but the team seemed to be ok with each other, at least on the floor.

My hunch tells me the issues were player(s) v. coach(es).

The strange thing was, if that was the case, why didn't the coaches deal with it? Nothing really changed all year. So Steele can blame agendas, but he was also in a position to ensure agendas didn't happen. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    It definitely feels like something was amiss - and there were episodes of facial expressions and body postures - but the team seemed to be ok with each other, at least on the floor.

The strange thing was, if that was the case, why didn't the coaches deal with it? Nothing really changed all year. So Steele can blame agendas, but he was also in a position to ensure agendas didn't happen. I don't get it.
    Agreed. Although he did sit Q for some extended periods. I don't understand either if Naji WAS an issue, why he didn't sit him for a game to try and send a message.

Well that didn’t take long.

If Naji does come back, it can't be what it was this past year. That's on Steele.

Naji would have to play within the confines of a newly designed offense.
    Naji showed he can't play within the confines of the offense. He either wasn't convinced to change, or was only interested in doing Naji things.

He is long gone....no matter how difficult the NBA draft process will be, he will never play another minute in a Xavier uniform.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"