Remember Dee Dee Jernigan? (Long ESPN article about 2010 Elite Eight team)

https://t.co/qo17mFWnQF?amp=1

Interesting story. I always wondered what happened to her. She’s had a rough journey.

ESPN also featured Dee Dee on Outside the Lines like 9 years ago. Xavier nation showed lots of respect (old thread). I tend not to collect player autographs but I do have a hat with her signature on the bill ... I'm not sure what it says about sport and life, but it is something I respectfully cherish.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cinskyline View Post
    https://t.co/qo17mFWnQF?amp=1

Interesting story. I always wondered what happened to her. She’s had a rough journey.
    Great article thanks for posting. I remember watching that game. What a heart breaker.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Great article thanks for posting. I remember watching that game. What a heart breaker.
    Absolutely. Right up there with Justin Cage and those FT's. Both hurt.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Yes some heartbreakers as a Xavier fan for sure. Blowing a late lead against Michigan in 1989, Michigan went on to win it all. The next year up 12 at half in the sweet 16 against Texas and end up losing. 2004 Anthony Miles fouls out, still lead late against Duke and can’t pull it out. 2007 vs Ohio state, everything had to go wrong to lose and it did. No intentional foul called, Justin misses the clinching free throw and we don’t foul allowing the three point shot to tie it. 2009 vs Pitt, leading much of the way, 2nd half started by missing some good looks and let Pitt back in it. Probably still win if Derrick Brown keeps foot in bounds. The Kansas State game was awesome but still a heartbreaker they couldn’t pull it out. Then the heartbreaker against Wisconsin, followed by the heartbreaker two years later against FSU. Damn the Xavier history could be different if a few of those games had more luck on Xavier’s side. Shows a fine line between winning and losing.