4th Installment of the Best Player

Poll here

Charles Bronson 2007-2008
    Lenny Brown 1995-1999: 1,885 Career Points with a career high of 34 against Oregon in the NIT. XU HOF
    Ducky Castelle 1959-1960
    James Coleman 1932-1933
    Elias Harden 2017-2019
    Jeremy Helmers 1969-1970 1,275 Career Points with a career high of 35 against Dayton
    David Hils 1950-1952
    Kenny Jordan 1933-1934
    Mike Kelsey 1968-1969
    Joe McNeil 1962-1965
    Art Morthorst 1946-1950 XU HOF
    Tim O'Connell 1965-1968 XU HOF
    Churchill Odia 2004-2005
    Edmond Sumner 2014-2017
    Travis Taylor 2011-2013

Discussion below
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

That's really hard. Edmond only has a limited look, but that potential was awesome. Lenny Brown has more years to show.....Wow.....I think I have to pick Lenny Brown based on his career numbers and THE SHOT.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

My dad was friends with Art Morthorst. I know it's tough to vote against Lenny Brown, but Art hit the winning shot in the 1950 Crosstown Shootout, and was part of the first Xavier team to make the post-season. He's in the Xavier HOF as well.

He used to go to every game, and sat in the very last row of the upper deck at center court - called them "the best seats in the house."

Tyrique senior year?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Tyrique senior year?
    You're right. I was using the media guide from the beginning of the season and it didn't have the number change.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    My dad was friends with Art Morthorst. I know it's tough to vote against Lenny Brown, but Art hit the winning shot in the 1950 Crosstown Shootout, and was part of the first Xavier team to make the post-season. He's in the Xavier HOF as well.

He used to go to every game, and sat in the very last row of the upper deck at center court - called them "the best seats in the house."
    Morthorst is not listed on the XU HOF website. I wonder if that's an omission? It appears it may be as Nick Hagglund nor Justin Doellman are not listed either.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Morthorst is not listed on the XU HOF website. I wonder if that's an omission? It appears it may be as Nick Hagglund nor Justin Doellman are not listed either.
    That's odd. I googled and found in his obit that he was inducted in 1970. It looks like it only goes back to 1981 on the Xavier website.

I wonder why that it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook