Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This guy Bryan looks agile and can score from inside and outside. X can use this big man to play the 3 or 4.

He has made like 44 3-pointers in his career so far. I can see several lineups where every player could be a 3 pointer threat. Could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    This guy Bryan looks agile and can score from inside and outside. X can use this big man to play the 3 or 4.
    He's a center. He's not playing those positions.

I wish we didn't have to go searching through D2 players, but I guess you have to find the big dawgs somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    He's a center. He's not playing those positions.
    Watch some video on him, he looks very much at home on the exterior. In addition, he is referred to as a forward on all the sites I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Watch some video on him, he looks very much at home on the exterior. In addition, he is referred to as a forward on all the sites I have seen.
    That’s fine at the D2 level but he’s not doing that stuff at Xavier. You all thought Carter had a tough adjustment from the MAC to the BE, now think of this situation. He’s a massive dude who will not be able to guard wings and 4s in our conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    That’s fine at the D2 level but he’s not doing that stuff at Xavier. You all thought Carter had a tough adjustment from the MAC to the BE, now think of this situation. He’s a massive dude who will not be able to guard wings and 4s in our conference.
    Defensively....you may be correct, but the same could be said about his ability to guard many of the true centers in the BE.

Offensively...he doesn’t appear to be the type player that posts people up on the low block. I think most people are commenting on where and how he will play offensively.

When asked what he will bring to Xavier, his response was “rebounding”. He didn’t mention anything about being a low post presence, a defender, or an outside shooter.

I’ll also point out that there were a lot of people on the boards that discounted Hankins as being a “D-2” player when he was initially signed. They worried about his ability to defend D-1 talent, or to score against D-1 defenders, and many flat out said he wouldn’t be able to do so. While I understand concern, I don’t quite understand how anyone can say what the new players are, or aren’t capable of, before they have even seen them play. Only time will tell for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Defensively....you may be correct, but the same could be said about his ability to guard many of the true centers in the BE.

Offensively...he doesn’t appear to be the type player that posts people up on the low block. I think most people are commenting on where and how he will play offensively.

When asked what he will bring to Xavier, his response was “rebounding”. He didn’t mention anything about being a low post presence, a defender, or an outside shooter.

I’ll also point out that there were a lot of people on the boards that discounted Hankins as being a “D-2” player when he was initially signed. They worried about his ability to defend D-1 talent, or to score against D-1 defenders, and many flat out said he wouldn’t be able to do so. While I understand concern, I don’t quite understand how anyone can say what the new players are, or aren’t capable of, before they have even seen them play. Only time will tell for sure.
    Exactly I don't have huge expectations. I hope he can rebound and defend in the post. If he can score a little, great.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I am optimistic and trust the coaches. Our last D2 big man turned out well.

The reason I am a little weary is, and someone on twitter pointed this out, just how there are big discrepancies in teams and talent in D1, the same is true in D2. Hankins came from a team who competes for national championships at the D2 level and was D2 POY. Griffin was on a team who went 5-21 last year, 8-18 the year before, and 10-19 the year before that.

Doesnt mean he wont work out. I think if the expectation is Hankins type production though we are looking to be disappointed.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

And with that said, let's give the guy until BE play before casting stones. Hankins pretty much sucked in the pre-conference to my memory