Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Sophomore
    Great numbers. Grad transfer? Any info on his game?

2018-19: Named NABC East All-District Second Team… Named First Team All-ECC… Tabbed First Team All-Met… Named MBWA Division II-III Player of the Week once (1/29)… Tabbed ECC Co-Player of the Week once (2/25)… Named ECC Defensive Player of the Week four times (12/10, 12/17, 1/28, 2/4)… Named to ECC Honor Roll six times (11/19, 12/3, 1/14, 1/22, 2/18, 3/4)… Tabbed MBWA Division II-III Player of the Week Honorable Mention seven times (12/11, 12/18, 1/15, 1/22, 2/5, 2/19, 2/26)… Appeared in all 26 games making 26 starts… Averaged 20.3 points, 11.5 rebounds and 1.0 assists per game… Led team with 64 blocks and had 14 steals… Shot 55.9 percent from the floor (No. 4 in ECC) and 46.0 percent from downtown (No. 1 in ECC)… Led the team in scoring and rebounding… Set a new single-season school record with 300 rebounds… Led ECC in rebounding, was second in blocks and third in scoring… Ranked in top five in Division II in rebounds per game and double-doubles… Had 17 double-doubles and scored in double figures in all but one game… Had 13 games with 20 or more points… Scored a career-high 33 points with a career-high 23 rebounds in win over LIU Post on February 23rd… Recorded 31 points and 19 rebounds in victory over LIU Post on January 26th.

Hope he’s as good as Hankins

Here is some highlights from two seasons ago. Competition bad but guy looks big, athletic and has a nice stroke.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ILO4YqEuvl4

Dang... this guy looks legit. Malcolm Bernard seal of approval helps too. Hidden gem, perhaps.

6-8 and 220 lbs. entered college at 6-6 and 290, so he grew 2 inches and lost 70 lbs over his career.

Welcome!

I also read that he talked with Free, Scruggs, and Carter before deciding. Sounding more and more like Scruggs will be returning.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    6-8 and 220 lbs. entered college at 6-6 and 290, so he grew 2 inches and lost 70 lbs over his career.

Welcome!

I also read that he talked with Free, Scruggs, and Carter before deciding. Sounding more and more like Scruggs will be returning.
    Agree, and that’s great news. I never really understood the idea that he would leave. He’s a very solid college player. I’ll be very happy if he’s back, and even happier if we have a season that goes off as scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post

Welcome!

Assuming Scruggs come back, aren’t we a little heavy at the 2? Who’s playing PG, Odom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Who knows? I’m sure that will be decided based on how they practice and play. Based on what we have HEARD about Odom I’d say he has a real chance of starting as a freshman, but he’s going to have to play better than Scruggs or Tandy. It’s been so long since Xavier had a real pure PG that could really control a game, that I don’t know that Xavier hasn’t developed a system that doesn’t rely on one. Not a good system mind you, but I almost feel like the program is going to have to adjust to having one...if Odom is all he is cracked up to be.