Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    And with that said, let's give the guy until BE play before casting stones. Hankins pretty much sucked in the pre-conference to my memory
    Yeah either way I would imagine he is going to need some time to adjust.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post

When asked what he will bring to Xavier, his response was “rebounding”. He didn’t mention anything about being a low post presence, a defender, or an outside shooter.
    He also mentioned shot blocking and scoring along with rebounding as his best attributes. If anyone subscribes to The Athletic (I'd recommend it) Shannon has a good write-up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    And with that said, let's give the guy until BE play before casting stones. Hankins pretty much sucked in the pre-conference to my memory
    Ask CJ Anderson about how good Hankins was during his time at Xavier, and he will agree with you.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Currently, we have an all BE freshman team member who mostly played and is a center with Freemantle coming back. Also, we’ve got a very athletic (albeit unproven) redshirt freshman in Miles. Unfortunately we don’t know about Ramsey health.

What we needed was a decent backup who could rebound, give us a few minutes, and bang with the big guys in the Big East. Hopefully he’ll be that guy.

Sophomore
    to move up to Xavier from Mercy is a big step as look at Mercy's schedule and see U Bridgeport, Daemon etc but he did dominate. We should see a wide variety of lineups is Odom, Colby Jones, Wilcher are as good as advertised. It annoyed me that Moore and James never got enough time against the Jacksonvilles, Lipscombs, etc as we did not win by enough and i think it hurt us in the end. Kaiser gates only averaged 7 and 4 but with a pro type body and game..could Griffin do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    He's a center. He's not playing those positions.
    I think you belong to 247. So you read the same things I did on that site, but the guy actually has nice looking shot from outside. I'm guessing that he might play a little on the wing, even at the 5 position.

Granted, these guys always look phenomenal on their video highlight tapes, but he does he a have a nice looking shot.
    Last edited by XU 87; 03-30-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I think you belong to 247. So you read the same things I did on that site, but the guy actually has nice looking shot from outside. I'm guessing that he might play a little on the wing, even at the 5 position.

Granted, these guys always look phenomenal on their video highlight tapes, but he does he a have a nice looking shot.
    Kanter was a 5 and took some 3's. If he's any sorta threat I'm sure a play will be drawn up that makes it a possibility.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

If he turns out to be a lot like Kanter, how happy would we all be? He actually looks more athletic than Kanter. He can jump well. Supposedly blocks well too.
    He doesn’t just have a nice looking shoot from 3, but a quick release too.

14.5 rebounds a game, even if it is at the D2 level, is amazing. If he can give us even close to 8 rebounds a game and 8 points, it would prove a good pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Ask CJ Anderson about how good Hankins was during his time at Xavier, and he will agree with you.
    That Twitter kerfluffle is hilarious. ��
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I watched some video of Griffin last night. He was frequently the tallest player on the court. That doesn't mean you'll always rebound better, but his competition had a big disadvantage, and that won't be the same at all at in the Big East. Taller all around and more physical.

I think we should be content that this is a practice guy who is there if someone gets hurt or major foul trouble. He's not like Kanter who played against his brother his whole life and competed at DI for three years. He's like Andy Taylor who was in the right place at the right time to move up to a bigger program.

If he legit spreads the floor with his shot I'll be cheering. Not getting my hopes up though.