Obi Toppin wins Player of the Year; Declares for NBA Draft

Toppin wins AP player of the year (Link)

Toppin declares for the NBA Draft (Link)

The 6-foot-9 Toppin put up 20.0 points, 7.5 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game. Also a menace on the defensive end (1.3 steals and 1.2 blocks per game), Toppin was one of the nation’s premier two-way players.

_______

I watched an early pre-season tournament and was impressed by his skill set.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I wonder if Dayton will hang a banner saying - "NCAA Champions 2020- simulated computer tournament"

In my computer simulations, we made the tournament but had to play-in starting in Dayton. However, what goes around comes around and No 11 Xavier defeats No 2 Dayton (still upset because a Big East team was given that last No 1 seed). I stopped the simulations there ... no need to get crazy.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    The Tournament That Wasn't: Xavier vs. Richmond, First Four

I would take this outcome with a win in Dayton and a first-round matchup with An Ohio State University.