Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior
    James Posey made a lot of money doing that.

Sophomore
    I think it will be a great opportunity for Scruggs to be the man. If Odom is the primary point guard Paul can play off the ball, post, and defend. I swear he got at least one offensive foul a game due to the fact we was asked to handle ball too much and that hurt his effectiveness, ditto turnover trying to make a decision. If he was receiver and finisher he would be much more effective. I am hopeful that Carter will be more decisive knowing he just cant hand it back to Naj. Naj is a very good player, very talented but asked to do too much and he did not shy from it but it hurt his efficiency if not his numbers. Good luck to him and i really cant say a bad word about any departing player. I could see on their face their frustration and that includes Bryce Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I am good with it. He could certainly carry us a lot next year but maybe at the detriment of future development. Another season of giving ball to Marshal and hoping he does something would be tough....and he really didn't show much ability to be strong off the ball. Again, he is a guy that could single handily beat a lot of teams, don't get me wrong. I think in the long run its better to develop the younger guys.
    I do not think it would necessarily be the same with Odom running the point (and Kyky) and other shooters and slashers on their way.

I would love to have him back as a senior, sticking to what he does best.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    I would love to have him back as a senior, sticking to what he does best.
    I agree he'd be better off with a lower usage rate, but who the hell else was going to shoot the ball, who could get their own shot.

Does Naji get drafted? I don’t think he does but he is the type of player that could get consideration from a team with a lot of 2nd rounders or g-league roster space.

Junior
    I'll buy a membership here if he gets drafted. And I'm saving money these days.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    I'll buy a membership here if he gets drafted. And I'm saving money these days.
    Look at the last 10-15 guys drafted in the prior few drafts. There are a few Naji Marshalls in that group of guys. I guarantee 90%+ you have never heard of them... he’s a solid choice for G-league roster space. Nice measurables with high ceiling. Compared to a guy like Myles Powell.. low ceiling with poor measurables.

Junior
    He definitely has a spot in the G-League if he wants one.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    I agree he'd be better off with a lower usage rate, but who the hell else was going to shoot the ball, who could get their own shot.
    Uh, you mean aside from Q and Moore? I kid.

Sort of.

I agree that Naji likely felt he had to do more this season, since there were not enough teammates stepping up. My point about sticking to what he does best is because he would have at least one more very good 3 point shooter next year (maybe more) which should open things up for him to drive a little more or hit a few more mid range jumpers. He would still be expected to take some 3s but not nearly as many should he come back from testing the NBA again.

People can say what they want, but X has a better chance of getting into the tournament and possibly having a deep run if he returns.

Naji was arguably the team's best player, but despite all the good he did (and he did a lot of good), he also did a lot of bad (bad shots, bad turnovers etc.). His Kenpom rating was 100.6, which is actually a little below average (average is about 101). So based on his Kenpom number, how much of a loss is he to the team?