Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by principal View Post
    As a grad transfer he would not have to sit out a year.
    I don't think he will be able to graduate in three years, but I do think they waive the rule by August.

Has he graduated?

Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Not surprising.

Good luck to him.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Naji graduated a year early?
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Good luck to Naji. However his living will be overseas if he doesn't come back. There is just no way he can play in the league at his size without the ability to handle the rock at all. He won't be able to take it to the rack cause he will get ripped constantly. His shot isn't good enough to be a set shooter.

That leaves one role, defensive stalwart. This is his best way of making it in the league, but with his other deficiencies his defensive prowess doesn't make up the difference IMO.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    Good luck to Naji. However his living will be overseas if he doesn't come back. There is just no way he can play in the league at his size without the ability to handle the rock at all. He won't be able to take it to the rack cause he will get ripped constantly. His shot isn't good enough to be a set shooter.

That leaves one role, defensive stalwart. This is his best way of making it in the league, but with his other deficiencies his defensive prowess doesn't make up the difference IMO.
    None of which will really significantly improve if he comes back to X really. Maybe can show improved shooting? But honestly dont blame these guys for turning 22 and getting out to make money whether in the US or overseas.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I would not be surprised at all if Naji caught on a bit in the NBA, maybe not immediately, and I don't think he'll ever be anything close to a primary option, but I bet he will play in more than 100 NBA games.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I would not be surprised at all if Naji caught on a bit in the NBA, maybe not immediately, and I don't think he'll ever be anything close to a primary option, but I bet he will play in more than 100 NBA games.
    I'll take $20 on that.

Junior
    Naji, if he makes it to the NBA, will do it through the G-league. I trust them to develop his pro skills more than I do Xavier (no knock on Xavier). And yeah, he'd need to develop his shot to be a 3-and-D wing.

Supporting Member
    He just finished his junior year. He wouldn稚 be a grad transfer, unless he graduated early.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"