Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    All-Conference
    We hardly knew ya Don. Best of luck. Kind of sucks he never really got a shot. I am one that also appreciated his effort and lack of complaining when he got in. When his number was called, he was ready.

Was he really that much worse than Carter? I don't know that we really even know the answer to that.

Does Ramsey last? Even if he sticks around, is he even a sniff in the rotation?

Who is our succession of big guys? We have absolutely no one like Tyrique in the program, nor do we have many, if any, stretch four type of players that can compete in a top 3 conference.

Freemantle is going to be playing 38 minutes a game, and we're relying on a guy that's never played a minute yet (Miles). I sure hope Miles turns into Jaxson Hayes.

Halfway serious, can we bring Torraye Braggs out of retirement? He's exactly what we need.
    Last edited by drudy23; 03-24-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Good luck Mr. James.

Can't blame you at all. If you can't get on the floor considering some of the knuckle-head play we watched this year, I would feel unwanted, at least, and disrespected on some level.

Hope you land in a place that better appreciates and can utilize and develop your skills.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Not unexpected. Played great against St. John’s but barely got a look after that.
    And we have talked ad nauseum about questions why while *some other guy* , ostensibly with 10 billion practice points, played with little accountability.
    Another talent thrown to the side. Depth will be a problem. There had better be some quality transfers brought in.
    You can’ t help yourself. Good kid but but not a great fit for the Big East. Likely see him at a 2nd tier D1 school and not sure he is more than a role player.

Harden, who you also mis-judged is back in the portal again. Your eye for D1 talent is more than questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    We hardly knew ya Don. Best of luck. Kind of sucks he never really got a shot. I am one that also appreciated his effort and lack of complaining when he got in. When his number was called, he was ready.

Was he really that much worse than Carter? I don't know that we really even know the answer to that.

Who is our succession of big guys? We have absolutely no one like Tyrique in the program, nor do we have many, if any, stretch four type of players that can compete in a top 3 conference.

Freemantle is going to be playing 38 minutes a game, and we're relying on a guy that's never played a minute yet (Miles). I sure hope Miles turns into Jaxson Hayes.

Halfway serious, can we bring Torraye Braggs out of retirement? He's exactly what we need.
    Yes if you watched Dontarius he was worse than Carter, both offensively and defensively. He was supposed to help with shooting and shot 23% from 3 in two years. He played 25 minutes in the St. Johns game and did OK, but still went 0-3 from three in that game. He he also only shot 40% from the line and didn't really show much when he did get in during his two years. Seems like a good kid and wish him well. Probably will end up at a lower D1 program where he can get minutes.

Right or wrong I think it is obvious Travis does not want a big man clogging the lane and the guys he is recruiting are shooters and slashers, with supposed high basketball IQ. I think he wants to play the Nova style where we can keep the lane open and get to the basket or find shooters for open three's. I think Free will continue to improve his shooting and will be a weapon inside and out. Miles is a project that should really help on the defensive end altering shots and is athletic as well who can also step a little away from the basket to shoot. Huge upside but time will tell. Ramsey has talent and athleticism and if healthy can be a player, just don't know if he will ever be healthy. As for someone like Tyrique, he was an awesome guy who put up good numbers but a lot of empty numbers at times as well and had to stay within 2 feet of the basket. I think Xavier passed on Marfo because he is kind of like Tyrique where he would pretty much clog the lane.

I would imagine we will see at least three transfers, maybe a couple of two year guys and a grad transfer to provide some inside help as well as being a threat somewhat from outside and also a couple of small forward/wing type of guys who can shoot and rebound. Should be interesting to see who and what they bring in. Young guys coming in will all be counted on to play right away.
    Last edited by xavierj; 03-24-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post

I hear that Ramsey would be playing were it not for some physical issues. The hope is that these issues aren't permanent.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Freshman
    Not unexpected. Played great against St. John’s but barely got a look after that.
    And we have talked ad nauseum about questions why while *some other guy* , ostensibly with 10 billion practice points, played with little accountability.
    Another talent thrown to the side. Depth will be a problem. There had better be some quality transfers brought in.
    Jeez, give it a rest Adolph. We get it......you don't like Steele.

Ahh... the alternative reality where 1-4 FG and 4-7 FTs is "great".

All-Conference
    People kind of keep dogging Tyrique as a lane clogger, but without him, we might have been below .500.

He was no doubt MVP this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JEHARDI View Post

Harden, who you also mis-judged is back in the portal again.
    Maybe he'll come back to X. After all, he averaged 7.5 points per game and shot 34% from the field at Jacksonville State.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Maybe he'll come back to X. After all, he averaged 7.5 points per game and shot 34% from the field at Jacksonville State.
    He'd fit right in lol
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17