Best Player to Wear #3 is up

Vote now and discuss here:

There's something for everyone including community favorites and great players.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Cage should win this one easily.

Granted it seems like there are maybe some old timers on there I dont know.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

C'mon People.

No one remembers Kevin Frey???
    Granted, Justin had 1182 points to Kevin's 1102. But Kevin had 710 rebounds to Justin's 641, played one less career game and had a higher career free throw percentage. He also was the poster boy for the 1999 upset over #1 Clifton Community College. He also was a trash talking JP Macura when JP was just an infant. He got in people's heads- deep. Anybody remember Kevin getting into Simon Ogunlesi's kitchen that made OTHUGlesi elbow and bloody Kevin's head? Dude was an Agent Provacatuer!
    I voted Kevin Frey, with zero against Justin Cage. People just don't remember what a cog in the wheel Kevin was.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I love KFrey and was reallllly close to voting for him. He was so good and very underrated. I felt that Cage was a better defender and could defend all 5 positions in a pinch. Cage also secured a huge rebound in the victory over #1 OSU right before he was intentionally fouled by Oden. At least that’s how I remember it... it was St Paddy’s day and I was not sober.

Surprised this is such a runaway for Justin Cage (who is my all time favorite X player). I figured Frey would get some votes, maybe Kelsey from a few of you, and I thought there might be at least a few who were willing to say it's Q.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    C'mon People.

No one remembers Kevin Frey???
    Granted, Justin had 1182 points to Kevin's 1102. But Kevin had 710 rebounds to Justin's 641, played one less career game and had a higher career free throw percentage. He also was the poster boy for the 1999 upset over #1 Clifton Community College. He also was a trash talking JP Macura when JP was just an infant. He got in people's heads- deep. Anybody remember Kevin getting into Simon Ogunlesi's kitchen that made OTHUGlesi elbow and bloody Kevin's head? Dude was an Agent Provacatuer!
    I voted Kevin Frey, with zero against Justin Cage. People just don't remember what a cog in the wheel Kevin was.

Frey was a good one indeed. I remember all those things about him. Loved the kid and the energy he brought. It was a close call for me, as it seems to have been with so many others. The thing is that Cage was pretty special too. All things considered, I thought he edges out Kevin by just a little.

Kind of strange that Cage’s number came up at the same time as the story about the battle he and his family are going though with the coronavirus. So sad. I hope they are all doing better.

I loved Frey as well. He had fire and spark and that exclamation point and subsequent enthusiasm against Cincinnati's also-rans was an seminal and unforgettable moment.

I think Cage was an overall more significant contributor and was a body slam felony from bettering Odom and Ohio State on the way to the final four.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Unpopular opinion around here but... I do believe after his first two years, Q was on the path to being best ever to wear #3. Would have loved to see how he would have done If we had the players around him that suited his style.

Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    Unpopular opinion around here but... I do believe after his first two years, Q was on the path to being best ever to wear #3. Would have loved to see how he would have done If we had the players around him that suited his style.
    After 2 years it’s likely Q had the best stats and seemingly highest ceiling. Unfortunately he peaked in year 2. I haven’t looked at all stats recently but one that really jumps out at me every time I try to figure out what happened to Q is his FT%. If you want to figure out what happened to Q I think that’s a reasonable place to start (between the ears).

Fr: 56%
    So: 79%
    Jr: 66%
    Sr: 61%

Granted he had an injury bug that was unfortunate, but I would he curious to know some behind the scenes details with Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    I think you're correct. A third great year (especially a redemptive Senior Campaign) would have made all the difference in this poll.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook