Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    We REALLY need players who can hit 70 - 80 from the stripe, and that is the stat that you can most reasonably transfer from one team (system/league/competition/ etc.) to another.
    I agree, but I also don't think that's the reason to ding him in this case.

I'm more curious about how all the defections are happening. It's easy to blame the coaching staff, but I bet there was also some bad chemistry happening on some level with the players. If this kid is averaging 10 pts and shooting 44% from the floor as a sophomore, then he's trending really solid for Wichita State.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    We REALLY need players who can hit 70 - 80 from the stripe, and that is the stat that you can most reasonably transfer from one team (system/league/competition/ etc.) to another.
    He shot 71% from line as a freshman. Malcolm Bernard shot 59% in his one year at Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    He shot 71% from line as a freshman. Malcolm Bernard shot 59% in his one year at Xavier.
    if Burton has the same kind of leadership ability, tenacity and will to win that Malcolm had, sign him up.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    if Burton has the same kind of leadership ability, tenacity and will to win that Malcolm had, sign him up.
    ...and can hit FFs at a 70+ clip...
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Brian Snow posted on the 247 WVU board saying WVU has interest, but one of the WVU beat writers (he's incredibly accurate with his news unlike some of the other mods on different team boards) said that it's a long shot, so may be worth making note of, think we have a good chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Brian Snow posted on the 247 WVU board saying WVU has interest, but one of the WVU beat writers (he's incredibly accurate with his news unlike some of the other mods on different team boards) said that it's a long shot, so may be worth making note of, think we have a good chance.
    I thought I remember reading in the recent piece about him transferring that he had like 50 schools reaching out to him. Even if the real number of legit high level schools he would consider is about 10, and WVU is out, it wouldn’t make it a sure thing.

I would imagine we are one of his top choices partly because of prior relationships and partly because, well we are X.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I just think he and the head coach don't see eye to eye. For better and for worse, Travis Steele and Gregg Marshall are not at all similar animals.
    You may have addressed this somewhere else but why all the transfers at Wichita? Don't they have like 7 guys transferring?

Edit: I see others talked about it but not sure anyone really knows or at least answered it in this thread.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 03-20-2020 at 09:21 PM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I would imagine we are one of his top choices partly because of prior relationships and partly because, well we are X.
    What prior relationships? XU didn't recruit or offer him before.

I thought I remember reading in the recent piece about him transferring that he had like 50 schools reaching out to him. Even if the real number of legit high level schools he would consider is about 10, and WVU is out, it wouldn’t make it a sure thing.

Lol I really need to start finishing my thoughts good God, what I meant by we have a good chance is that it kind of falls in line with the theories of those guys not seeing eye to eye with Greg Marshall, because well.. Huggins is even more of a hard-ass, while by early indications it doesn't seem Coach Steele falls in that category, the prior relationships are a bonus, and program tradition is even better... also Tyrique Jones quoted Kevin Marfo's tweet and put the sword emojis for X, for what it's worth.

Marfo would be a perfect fit to address at least 2 frontcourt concerns....rebounding and experience. I think the 6'10 guy from Columbia would also, even though our Columbia transfers have not adjusted well to BE competition. BTW, does Hanson hold a scholarship?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club