Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    More than Kenny Frease?

Odia was just before my time at X. Would y’all say he’s been the most-hyped recruit from the fansbase’s perspective?
    The most overhyped for sure. Followed closely by Erik Edwards.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Good job trying to diminish him. LOL

Carton was considered the #2 transfer prospect for PG. DeJulius, number 21, didn't even announce he was leaving until late, so only so many programs are going to have a fit. But Michigan expected him to be their starter next season. This was a surprise. He was a four star prospect. No one knows what he'll mean for them yet, but signs point to him being a scorer and someone who will help Brannen's run style in a way they couldn't do last season with injured Cumberland doing most of the ball handling. If anything they got two transfers this week with a lot of experience to help a young team. Returning PG is a soph who played more off the ball, and then two incoming freshmen who won't be ready to start for a couple years. All things considered for the time of year, it's a pretty big get.
    It is a pretty good pickup for a program like UC, no doubt. If Xavier picked up a guy who averaged 7 pts a game from any big school we probably wouldn't be doing back flips like the program was just saved and we are now contenders to win it all. I have friends that are UC fans and they think that way. Well they think that way with every recruit they get and the guys that go somewhere else its because the coaches didn't want them.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah I totally get the guard spots getting a little crowded and KyKy and Scruggs wanting to probably play some PG. We have to really hope the following though if we want to have a successful season:

1. Odom is the real deal and gets into a groove at PG relatively quickly.
    2. Odom doesnt have any injuries.
    3. KyKy really improves his passing/turnovers/command of the offense.

I really hope Scruggs doesnt have to play too much PG because I really think he can be an all league type player for us off the ball.
    If any one of those “ifs” come to fruition, we are hurting at the most critical position. I don’t think we need the caliber of transfer who would expect significant minutes, but just good insurance policy to keep the wheels from falling off if something doesn’t go as hoped. We are a much better team with Scruggs and Tandy playing off the ball.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    If any one of those “ifs” come to fruition, we are hurting at the most critical position. I don’t think we need the caliber of transfer who would expect significant minutes, but just good insurance policy to keep the wheels from falling off if something doesn’t go as hoped. We are a much better team with Scruggs and Tandy playing off the ball.
    Yeah I generally agree.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah I generally agree.
    One of the other items that could result in a better season than we expect is the fact that C Jones can shoot. He took very few 3's during his senior season but that was due to circumstances. They simply din not have a need for him to. He still shot 45 %

His shot is said to be very legit. Legit to the point where if his stats included a significant sample he may have been rated about 40 positions higher. Said to have made 65 of 100 in a controlled drill. By Steele.

The most overhyped for sure. Followed closely by Erik Edwards.
    Well he was Delaware's POY so there's that.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Well he was Delaware's POY so there's that.
    We used to have quite the pipeline to the state of Delaware in the early to mid 90's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK_FiRm6ZK8

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    “At this time” is maybe the key part of this statement. My prediction is that it’s still going to happen, but it’s going to be a year away. I expect it will go into effect during the 2021-22 academic year.

Which guard will play most minutes at pg? Frosh Odom is our only hope? Rolling the dice?