Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Walk-On

Xavier Games On Television Only?

Xavier’s recent announcement that season ticket holders can forego 2020/ 21 seat purchases yet maintain their current seat assignments for the 2021/22 season suggests that whatever games the the Big East teams may play they will have no or few fans in attendance. By making a $100.00 per seat contribution to the AFO , the ticket holder is invited to take a year off and come back in 2021/22 . His current seats will be sold on a per game basis in 2020/21. Considering that historically 8200 out of a 10,200 seat venue have been full season purchases, with the university receiving “ seat licenses” or “ premium seating “ surcharges on many, much of that revenue may be lost for the season. One has to assume that this is being done because the administration believes at a minimum the typical schedule will not take place and selling seats on a per game basis gives them the flexibility to accommodate whatever scheduling model the Big East ends up adopting. Moreover, the chances that no fans will be present for any games is an increasing probability. The epidemiologists originally believed the virus was spread in the form of large respiratory droplets not unlike the droplets produced by a fan next to you shouting at a referee . They are now concerned that the virus can remain in the air for several hours in fine particles known as aerosols . Thus, a fan two rows to your rear can cough or shout and the spray will float a greater distance than droplets which fall from the air after traveling several feet. Undoubtedly , the epidemiologists the Big East is consulting are giving them an epidemiological lesson and how the virus may transmit and the wisdom of packing fans into a closed arena of people shouting and yelling. Will they permit fans in every other seats? Will packed student Sections be eliminated.? Will you be ushered out if you take off your mask? Will you be encouraged not to yell or scream. Or is all of that such a strong recipe for confrontations between fans and security that no amount of monitoring will work? Anybody’s guess. What is yours?

I’ll be skipping my annual pilgrimage this year.

Also, paragraphs are your friend. That’s a big block of words there. :-)

Junior
    15 or so games is a lot to ask, in this environment. I can see people wanting to limit exposure to large crowds.Thankfully I'm healthy, so if allowed I'll come to few games. I'm not going to spend my remaining years stuck at home, like a hermit.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by GOX View Post
    Xavier’s recent announcement that season ticket holders can forego 2020/ 21 seat purchases yet maintain their current seat assignments for the 2021/22 season suggests that whatever games the the Big East teams may play they will have no or few fans in attendance. By making a $100.00 per seat contribution to the AFO , the ticket holder is invited to take a year off and come back in 2021/22 . His current seats will be sold on a per game basis in 2020/21. Considering that historically 8200 out of a 10,200 seat venue have been full season purchases, with the university receiving “ seat licenses” or “ premium seating “ surcharges on many, much of that revenue may be lost for the season. One has to assume that this is being done because the administration believes at a minimum the typical schedule will not take place and selling seats on a per game basis gives them the flexibility to accommodate whatever scheduling model the Big East ends up adopting. Moreover, the chances that no fans will be present for any games is an increasing probability. The epidemiologists originally believed the virus was spread in the form of large respiratory droplets not unlike the droplets produced by a fan next to you shouting at a referee . They are now concerned that the virus can remain in the air for several hours in fine particles known as aerosols . Thus, a fan two rows to your rear can cough or shout and the spray will float a greater distance than droplets which fall from the air after traveling several feet. Undoubtedly , the epidemiologists the Big East is consulting are giving them an epidemiological lesson and how the virus may transmit and the wisdom of packing fans into a closed arena of people shouting and yelling. Will they permit fans in every other seats? Will packed student Sections be eliminated.? Will you be ushered out if you take off your mask? Will you be encouraged not to yell or scream. Or is all of that such a strong recipe for confrontations between fans and security that no amount of monitoring will work? Anybody’s guess. What is yours?
    Please cite the link for this "announcement". I'm a season ticketholder, and I never received this "announcement". What they did say was that if games are restricted so that we don't see all the games, we will receive a credit or refund pro-rated accordingly.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Please cite the link for this "announcement". I'm a season ticketholder, and I never received this "announcement". What they did say was that if games are restricted so that we don't see all the games, we will receive a credit or refund pro-rated accordingly.

Dear John

The loyalty and commitment of our fan base is important to us. Through these challenging times, Xavier Athletics has offered extended payment plans and flexibility to all season ticket holders so we can best accommodate our customers’ needs. You are receiving this email because the season ticket deadline has passed and you may still be uncertain about purchasing your Xavier season tickets. We feel strongly that it is important we meet you where you are and help ease the decision making process for you.

If you feel uncomfortable coming to the Cintas Center this upcoming season you can put a “hold” on your seat(s) and still have access to renew the same location(s) the following season (2021-22) through the Hardship Program.

How the Hardship Program Works:

Make a $100 contribution to the All For One Fund for each seat you would like to protect and renew in 2021-22. This contribution to the All For One Fund is…
    a. 100% tax deductible
    b. Counts toward your AFO Level
    c. Earns Musketeer Points
    d. SUPPORTS XAVIER STUDENT-ATHLETES

During a standard renewal process, all seats that are not renewed by the ticket deadline are available for other Xavier fans to purchase. However, because of the effects of the pandemic, this year we want to make sure you have the option to “hold” your seat(s) for the following year. We hope this offers you the opportunity to maintain the seats that you’ve enjoyed at Cintas Center if you’re interested.

HOLD MY SEATS

Have questions about this opportunity? Click here to see the answers to some frequently asked questions. Feel free to call the Xavier Athletics Ticket Office at (513) 745-3411 x7 if you have additional questions or would like to take advantage of this program over the phone.

Thank you for your continued support and please know how much we appreciate your passion for Xavier Athletics and our student-athletes.

Let’s Go X!

HOLD M

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post

Below is a copy of what was received.

Dear John

The loyalty and commitment of our fan base is important to us. Through these challenging times, Xavier Athletics has offered extended payment plans and flexibility to all season ticket holders so we can best accommodate our customers’ needs. You are receiving this email because the season ticket deadline has passed and you may still be uncertain about purchasing your Xavier season tickets. We feel strongly that it is important we meet you where you are and help ease the decision making process for you.

If you feel uncomfortable coming to the Cintas Center this upcoming season you can put a “hold” on your seat(s) and still have access to renew the same location(s) the following season (2021-22) through the Hardship Program.

How the Hardship Program Works:

Make a $100 contribution to the All For One Fund for each seat you would like to protect and renew in 2021-22. This contribution to the All For One Fund is…
    a. 100% tax deductible
    b. Counts toward your AFO Level
    c. Earns Musketeer Points
    d. SUPPORTS XAVIER STUDENT-ATHLETES

During a standard renewal process, all seats that are not renewed by the ticket deadline are available for other Xavier fans to purchase. However, because of the effects of the pandemic, this year we want to make sure you have the option to “hold” your seat(s) for the following year. We hope this offers you the opportunity to maintain the seats that you’ve enjoyed at Cintas Center if you’re interested.

HOLD MY SEATS

Have questions about this opportunity? Click here to see the answers to some frequently asked questions. Feel free to call the Xavier Athletics Ticket Office at (513) 745-3411 x7 if you have additional questions or would like to take advantage of this program over the phone.

Thank you for your continued support and please know how much we appreciate your passion for Xavier Athletics and our student-athletes.

Let’s Go X!

HOLD M

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Sounds like there will be ample opportunities to upgrade, starting June 29.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

If you donate $75, does X scoff?

Season ticketholder too (who already paid in-full for 20-21 season)...I have yet to receive that email announcement as well.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Season ticketholder too (who already paid in-full for 20-21 season)...I have yet to receive that email announcement as well.
    My guess is the season ticket holders who haven't renewed their seats yet were the ones to get that option.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens