Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Marfo would be a perfect fit to address at least 2 frontcourt concerns....rebounding and experience. I think the 6'10 guy from Columbia would also, even though our Columbia transfers have not adjusted well to BE competition. BTW, does Hanson hold a scholarship?
    LOL You just don't give up on Hanson. No, he's still a walk-on.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    LOL You just don't give up on Hanson. No, he's still a walk-on.
    Yea, I can't help myself! Mainly because so little is known about why he's here in the first place. Assuming he wants to play some BBall, transferring to X makes no sense from a basketball perspective. Why go from a school where you would see significant playing time, probably start, to come here and ride some serious pine? I mean the guy is obviously gifted physically....not your typical walk on in that regard. Probably in line for one of those "appreciation schollys" at some point. But you're right...winning the Madness Slam Dunk contest might be his pinnacle.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Some interesting X related articles on 247.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ate-145187546/

Evidently got a tap on the shoulder from Coach Steele.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...tar-145163066/

What's the chance he regrets not sticking with Coach Hayes and X? I'd like to see him suit up for us but thinking most here say "no thanks".

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ers-145189747/

I'm not a VIP, so I couldn't read the whole article BUT noticed Xavier in the URL.....Dwon Odom's running mate at St. Francis makes him a real possibility for a nice 2021 get......built in chemistry is always a plus!!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Lol I really need to start finishing my thoughts good God, what I meant by we have a good chance is that it kind of falls in line with the theories of those guys not seeing eye to eye with Greg Marshall, because well.. Huggins is even more of a hard-ass, while by early indications it doesn't seem Coach Steele falls in that category, the prior relationships are a bonus, and program tradition is even better... also Tyrique Jones quoted Kevin Marfo's tweet and put the sword emojis for X, for what it's worth.
    Was not aware of this info. I’d imagine it means he is very interested in X.

I only saw the one video of him playing (from before this past season). He looked solid, but not a freakish athletic as like Tyrique. While he does not seem to have nearly the hops or quickness of Jones, he does look like he could do a little bit of everything but shoot 3s. His 13 rebounds a game are impressive, but the level of competition Marfo played against was clearly not near the BE.

One has to wonder how man rebounds he could get per game against bigger and better players. Even if he came to X and averaged 8 boards with 8 points, it would be pretty good. Freemantle and Carter should be able to average at least one more rebound per game each next year and I expect big things from Miles. Heck, Ramsey may even end up being a solid contributor (if he can get healed and healthy).
    Last edited by IM4X; 03-21-2020 at 06:33 AM.

it's is interesting how many of these transfers are from Ivy League schools.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    it's is interesting how many of these transfers are from Ivy League schools.
    The IVY league does not allow 5th year guys or redshirts so they have to transfer if they want to keep playing and have eligibility left.
    Last edited by xavierj; 03-21-2020 at 10:40 AM.

If I remember correctly, The Ivy League does not give out scholarships either.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    If I remember correctly, The Ivy League does not give out scholarships either.
    No they do not although I am sure that work out a lot of academic and other scholarships to land the kids they do, plus financial aid. The other interesting thing with IVY league athletics I did not know, was that you don’t have to be the smartest kid to get accepted if you are an athlete. They obviously take more high performing students but also they take a percentage of kids with average grades and low ACT scores each year. Kind of like 60% A, 30% B and 10% C if you put them in groups.

Some interesting X related articles on 247.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ate-145187546/

Evidently got a tap on the shoulder from Coach Steele.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...tar-145163066/

What's the chance he regrets not sticking with Coach Hayes and X? I'd like to see him suit up for us but thinking most here say "no thanks".

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ers-145189747/

I'm not a VIP, so I couldn't read the whole article BUT noticed Xavier in the URL.....Dwon Odom's running mate at St. Francis makes him a real possibility for a nice 2021 get......built in chemistry is always a plus!!!
    Jordan Bruner would be a nice get, I watched a couple of the Yale games earlier in the season, I think he could make a decent little impact at this level, they had another Forward who was more of a scoring threat, but Bruner would be someone I'd be excited in landing.

Yea, I can't help myself! Mainly because so little is known about why he's here in the first place. Assuming he wants to play some BBall, transferring to X makes no sense from a basketball perspective. Why go from a school where you would see significant playing time, probably start, to come here and ride some serious pine? I mean the guy is obviously gifted physically....not your typical walk on in that regard. Probably in line for one of those "appreciation schollys" at some point. But you're right...winning the Madness Slam Dunk contest might be his pinnacle.
    Do we know any of the stories about walk-ons? I mean, you hear all the time about someone committing to a school to be a preferred walk-on. So, the coaches must like the player pretty well, and they likely could play elsewhere.

But I'd say if we have bench players like James not getting a lot of minutes, there's probably a reason coach isn't thinking about sending in a player like Hanson. Both of those guys are pretty big skilled players, and they could have improved with game time, but that might not have helped the team win right now, which is a priority.