Page 73 of 763 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173573 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Supporting Member
    If projections are correct, premiums are expected to jump 40% on average in 2021 just due to covid 19. We are so effed.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If projections are correct, premiums are expected to jump 40% on average in 2021 just due to covid 19. We are so effed.
    If only there were a solution to this that didn't also tie health insurance to employment...

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    $1.19 at a Sonoco in Norwood this morning.
    A buddy texted me that he had just lost $40k in the stock market, but at least he saved $1.34 filling up his gas tank! YAY!

I filled up at $1.85 yesterday, but a station across the street from our neighborhood is still at $2.39.....and people still pull in an d fill up all day long. I’m not a penny pincher, but that is just calling me stupid and stealing my money. No thanks.
    Last edited by xu82; 04-02-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Sophomore
    I know we are a long way from a vaccine being found, produced and distributed. University of Pittsburgh had a vaccine that was tested in mice and produced the virus fighting antibody. Human trial will hopefully start in the coming months. https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...nimal-testing/

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    If only there were a solution to this that didn't also tie health insurance to employment...
    Gotta pay for it one way or the other...take your pick taxes, or healthcare premiums. Or I guess we can just print another trillion and pay for it.

Healthcare is just one part of the result of covid-19 in which we are going to get royally effed.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-02-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Are we accurately reporting it, though?? Are we even doing enough testing to for the reporting to be accurate?? We may be accurately reporting the number of confirmed cases, but the number of actual infections probably still far exceeds the number of confirmed cases.
    I think we are (mostly) accurately reporting the deaths, but definitely not the infection rate.

Even assuming Italy is under reporting deaths I would imagine that they, too, are dramatically under reporting the infection rate.

There is basically no good data on this yet. If we are lucky South Korea has the best data due to aggressive testing that they have been doing, but it's probably too early to say.
    Last edited by boozehound; 04-02-2020 at 02:35 PM.
    Eat Donuts!

So, Governor Kemp has just announced that Georgia will implement a shelter in place policy, because, you know, he just learned that people without symptoms can spread the virus. That must be one big, dark rock he’s been hiding under!

Junior
    Test the vaccine in the prisons. Start today.

The world hit a million "reported" cases today according to Johns Hopkins.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 04-02-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If they try that, hello socialized medicine.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"