Page 641 of 763 FirstFirst ... 141541591631639640641642643651691741 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,410 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

As I mentioned earlier the pure numbers in Massachusetts are smaller. 10-15 deaths a day compared with 85-100 deaths a day in ohio. So just a couple of breakthrough deaths in a population with a higher percentage of vaccination are going to shift the % quite a bit.

I guess the countries of Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Denmark, and Norway are just filled with conspiratorial idiots like XU_Lou and MID:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...rippling-heart

Principal

Quote Originally Posted by principal View Post
    I guess the countries of Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Denmark, and Norway are just filled with conspiratorial idiots like XU_Lou and MID:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...rippling-heart

Principal
    I wish there were a better way to immunize the population without having to be exposed to the spike protein, but it’s a double edged sword. This is why the Pfizer dose will be recommended for most pediatric patients, as a full Moderna dose is not necessary for them, and more spike proteins = higher chance of myocarditis. That said, the setting in which has the most spike protein exposure is the disease itself.

https://www.aappublications.org/news...hildren-083121

https://www.newscientist.com/article...n-vaccination/

It’s unlikely to avoid both the disease and the vaccine at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I wish there were a better way to immunize the population without having to be exposed to the spike protein, but it’s a double edged sword. This is why the Pfizer dose will be recommended for most pediatric patients, as a full Moderna dose is not necessary for them, and more spike proteins = higher chance of myocarditis. That said, the setting in which has the most spike protein exposure is the disease itself.

https://www.aappublications.org/news...hildren-083121

https://www.newscientist.com/article...n-vaccination/

It’s unlikely to avoid both the disease and the vaccine at this point.
    The article demonstrates that there are presumably rational people who draw different conclusions about the vaccines. There was a time when Moderna was considered as safe as Pfizer. Some objected to the shots on the basis that the tech is new and insufficiently tested. It is now the case that entire counties agree in regards to the Moderna vaccine. The truth is, we don’t know what the long term risks are for any of the mRNA vaccines and several countries agree, based on evidence, that it is best to pause the Moderna vaccine rather than subject people to unknown risks. The shots may be vindicated, but it is not unreasonable to be hesitant until further testing is complete and risks are better understood.

Principal

The countries listed also have some of the highest vaccination rates, so they can afford to be choosey with certain populations. Context matters.

The countries listed also have some of the highest vaccination rates, so they can afford to be choosey with certain populations. Context matters.
    That rationale seems like a slippery slope when it comes to science. Should countries with lower rates take higher risks?
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Love reading your posts in this thread. I'm guessing(hoping) this wasn't the right word choice that was meant.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    That rationale seems like a slippery slope when it comes to science. Should countries with lower rates take higher risks?
    Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Love reading your posts in this thread. I'm guessing(hoping) this wasn't the right word choice that was meant.
    It may seem like a slippery slope because it is. Countries with lower rates and lower supply actually do take more risks, because the risk of the disease still outweighs the risk from the vaccine.

There is a constant accumulation of data that will change recommendations, just like every other facet of medicine. Things are constantly changing to give more evidence to a recommendation. What I was referring to is the rate of vaccination in these countries listed being high accompanied by ample supply of other vaccines creates a less urgency to vaccinate the entire population with whatever vaccine is available. They can be choosey per se in which vaccine is given. It doesn’t mean other countries are careless, either. The US has not approved Moderna for pediatric patients because of this concern and because we have enough Pfizer supply. There are many nations that will take what they can get as far as vaccine supply goes. I have a friend who does mission work in Africa, where the rates are very low in some countries. According to her they will often give partial doses to high risk individuals, and many communities don’t want them to even come to their town in fear the workers will bring covid with them. That’s a valid fear too!

It certainly seems greedy that we are getting boosters (I felt a bit of guilt getting mine) while countries are starved for the vaccine.

Sophomore
    I submit to you Ireland.

This is the most definitive example of vaccine failure right now. Please, stop with the rationalization and the blind belief that everything that comes out of Fauci's mouth is gospel:

"Waterford city has one of the Ireland’s highest rates of vaccination against Covid-19, but one of its electoral areas has emerged as the place with the highest rate of Covid-19 infection in the State.

The city’s south electoral area has a 14-day incidence rate of 1,486 cases per 100,000 of the population, three times the national average which stands at 493 infections per 100,000 people.

The adjacent electoral area of Tramore-Waterford City West has a 14-day rate of 1,121 per 100,000, according to the latest weekly figures published by the Health Service Executive’s Health Protection Surveillance Centre.

Waterford has the highest rate of vaccination in the country with 99.7 per cent of adults over the age of 18 (as registered in the last census) fully vaccinated. The county has gone from having one of the lowest rates of Covid-19 infection in Ireland to one of the highest."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/heal...ions-1.4707344

https://thelibertydaily.com/irish-ci...e-susceptable/

And please, stop pretending that the vax prevents serious infections. It all depends on how far past someone contracts covid after receiving the vax. The "anti-bodies" injected from the vax wane month after month, until there are basically none in your body. Why do you think they're asking/demanding that you get a booster? Why do you think the % of covid deaths in MASS is hovering around 40% for vaccinated people for the past 6 weeks?

Random thoughts:
    1 - Ireland's death rate is less than 1/2 of the USA's. Maybe by getting to the Ireland vaccination rates, we could have prevented a lot of deaths.
    2- I've looked at Massachusetts web site, and can't find the numbers referred to: direct covid deaths in vaccinated people. Help if you can. With a lot of people vaccinated, and people dying all the time, are the 40% deaths "from Covid" or from anything and the people happen to be vaccinated.
    3 - Have been in Rotary for as long as they have led the fight against Polio, over 35 years. With a massive effort, money and volunteers, polio is down to a couple cases this year in Afghanistan and Pakistan. If we were focused on getting everyone vaccinated, we could have saved (as we have with polio) thousands of lives.
    4 - Each night I see ads on TV for medicine. At least 1/2 of every spot is devoted to cautions, complications, who shouldn't take the advertised medicine, etc.
    Like any vaccine, there are going to be people for whom it is contra-indicated. And there will be some very small percentage of adverse reactions. And like the flu, perhaps we'll have to continue to take shots every year.

The fact that we can't get most of our citizens vaccinated, and help stamp down this disease, is sad for me. I hope you all get your shots.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.