Page 51 of 763 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I think it’s reasonable to think that this is where it will be the worst, and everywhere else should be better. Early social distancing seems to be working here too...
    My concern is that those areas have more resources to deal with it then more rural areas. So while it will spread easier in NY due to population density, I have to imagine a rural hospital in Missouri would also be overwhelmed fairly quickly if there is any spread.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Ohio official numbers 3/24:

564 confirmed cases
    49 counties (out of 88)
    145 hospitalizations
    8 deaths
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm feeling completely unrealistically optimistic that this is not going to be as bad in the rest of the country as it is in California, Washington and NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I wish I felt the same.
    Ok, again. Not being a sarcastic smart-ass but just questioning.
    We are almost halfway through the original 15 day “analyzation/stop” period. In Ohio, there have been 145 total Hospitalizations. I myself am now 13 days removed from New York City & me and all my group who went feel just fine with zero symptoms.
    What did the “models” predict for this at this point and when are the hospitals going to be overrun?

And it’s not like Ohio is all rural. We have 3 major league cities and 2 other good size ones with 11.7 million people. dayton doesn’t qualify.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 03-24-2020 at 02:12 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Genuinely curious, are you suggesting that NYC hospitals are not overrun right now? Or is this pertaining to Ohio
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 03-24-2020 at 02:17 PM.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Keep in mind, I've been drinking a lot.
    I too have been counting on the virus to be killed by alcohol. It’s been my plan all along......

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Genuinely curious, are you suggesting that NYC hospitals are not overrun right now? Or is this pertaining to Ohio
    I don't know. How many are hospitalized in New York, vs what the "models" predicted? And what about Ohio and every other state other than New York, New Jersey and California that have had less than 2,500 total cases? That includes all the mild symptom cases. Even Washington state that was allegedly the "hotbed' of this disease 2 weeks ago only has 2,221 total cases out of a total population of 7.8 million. And they have been at the forefront of testing.

Edit In: As of today, New York STATE has a total of 2,657 hospitalized cases of COVID. There are 53,000 hospital beds in New York CITY alone. Now, I know that there are numerous other diseases that have to be treated, but what number "overwhelms" the system? Even Cuomo today said that he thought that the cases in New York were "spiking" now. That would indicate that they believe that they'll start declining soon.

And tell us what the "models" were predicting rather than just fear-mongering "explosive growth". Right now in the total US only .0001398%, yeah that's one ten-thousandth of the population that has a case. And we're shutting the whole country down and discussing $2 Trillion bail outs while the media raves on.

Add edit. And please do not talk to me about Italy. I posted an accurate, unbiased article that describes why Italy is affected so much. Call it racist of you will, but there are 300,000 Chinese workers that go back and forth from the Wuhan area of China to work in the garment industry in Northern Italy for Prada and Gucci. That is why Italy is unique.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 03-24-2020 at 03:37 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I too have been counting on the virus to be killed by alcohol. It’s been my plan all along......
    Taking your temp when you only have a meat thermometer doesn't work.
    2023 Sweet 16

Again, due to major testing constraints for reasons nobody knows, actual numbers of cases reported is drastically diminished. I have a good friend who works in the ED in NYC and it sounds like a complete shit show... Ohio is doing a decent job at containing...

Wichita goes shelter in place starting tomorrow. Woo hoo! Just 30 days, though.

Fuck.

MOR: With all due respect, your argument would be right on point if we had accurate statistics. The problem right now is that there are not enough tests available for COVID-19 and people are being sent back to their homes without being tested. Also, the people being tested is because they had symptoms. Symptoms can arise up to 14 days after being infected. So that is up to 14 days of hanging around and infecting family and others. In short, at this time the statistics are not trustworthy. And it is not only Italy and China. Spain is also having a nightmare. Last night I was reading an article about COVID-19 in Russia. The problem Russia is having is that they are not showing many cases because of the lack of testing and the time is taking to get the lab results. Apparently they only have one lab that can perform the test for the whole country. I still can't believe that but that is what the article said.

One thing that I have found helpful is to listen to the interviews of the doctors treating the covid patients. There are a bunch of interviews and recommendations from all over the world. All of the ones I have read/listen/view recommend to stay at home to prevent further spread. Right now, avoiding the virus (and praying) is your best weapon in this war. Until the medical industry can come up with a better answer that is what I am doing.

One more thing, in several markets there are a shortage of masks, gloves and/or antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, wipes, etc. So keeping businesses open will mean many workers will be working without one or more of those essential articles and/or at a work space that is not properly clean. In my book, that would be too much risk and would not be right. But that is just me.
    May the X be with you....Quitting is never an option.

MOR: With all due respect, your argument would be right on point if we had accurate statistics. The problem right now is that there are not enough tests available for COVID-19 and people are being sent back to their homes without being tested. Also, the people being tested is because they had symptoms. Symptoms can arise up to 14 days after being infected. So that is up to 14 days of hanging around and infecting family and others. In short, at this time the statistics are not trustworthy. And it is not only Italy and China. Spain is also having a nightmare. Last night I was reading an article about COVID-19 in Russia. The problem Russia is having is that they are not showing many cases because of the lack of testing and the time is taking to get the lab results. Apparently they only have one lab that can perform the test for the whole country. I still can't believe that but that is what the article said.

One thing that I have found helpful is to listen to the interviews of the doctors treating the covid patients. There are a bunch of interviews and recommendations from all over the world. All of the ones I have read/listen/view recommend to stay at home to prevent further spread. Right now, avoiding the virus (and praying) is your best weapon in this war. Until the medical industry can come up with a better answer that is what I am doing.

One more thing, in several markets there are a shortage of masks, gloves and/or antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, wipes, etc. So keeping businesses open will mean many workers will be working without one or more of those essential articles and/or at a work space that is not properly clean. In my book, that would be too much risk and would not be right. But that is just me.
    May the X be with you....Quitting is never an option.