Page 477 of 763 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487527577 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    There are maybe two things that I saw that Muskie in Dayton is all up in arms about 1.) was that back in Feb. 2020, he stated store bought masks were not much help but if they were it was for the affected person to not spread it to the unaffected person (none of this is a revelation) and 2.) speaking with a chinese official that there was no evidence at the time of the virus coming from a lab.

So, as a human, he potentially made a mistake and was incorrect about #2 based on what he knew at the time. I'm not sure why that even really matters. If you want to jail someone, it could be the chinese administration for hiding so much....
    Also for number 1 if he knew they were ineffective why did he insist we wear one and two or just one. Or then again two or maybe one only every year when it’s cold but last summer the virus was resistant to warmth and the Sun. The man is criminally negligent or criminally involved in the funding and cover up.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Also for number 1 if he knew they were ineffective why did he insist we wear one and two or just one. Or then again two or maybe one only every year when it’s cold but last summer the virus was resistant to warmth and the Sun. The man is criminally negligent or criminally involved in the funding and cover up.
    Well, that was in February when little was known about the virus, and store bought masks especially at that time, not all masks. It’s also been said numerous times that mask wearing was to prevent spread from infected to not infected. That’s not a revelation or the “gotcha” moment that Muskie seems to making it out to be

Well, that was in February when little was known about the virus, and store bought masks especially at that time, not all masks. It’s also been said numerous times that mask wearing was to prevent spread from infected to not infected. That’s not a revelation or the “gotcha” moment that Muskie seems to making it out to be
    False. It was known in the spring of last year (and throughout the modern era) that cloth masks were ineffective. Period. Anyone who understands infectious disease at a minimum knows a cotton or cloth mask doesn’t provide a barrier against an organism that small. Again, the masks served as a badge of compliance and/or placebo to keep the masses from hysterics.

If they worked why would hospitals spend no much on surgical/medical masks when any rag would do? Even the medical masks need to be replaced after each use.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    False. It was known in the spring of last year (and throughout the modern era) that cloth masks were ineffective. Period. Anyone who understands infectious disease at a minimum knows a cotton or cloth mask doesn’t provide a barrier against an organism that small. Again, the masks served as a badge of compliance and/or placebo to keep the masses from hysterics.

If they worked why would hospitals spend no much on surgical/medical masks when any rag would do? Even the medical masks need to be replaced after each use.
    If you want to continue to pass your opinion off as absolute fact, then no point in continuing this discussion

If you want to continue to pass your opinion off as absolute fact, then no point in continuing this discussion
    It’s not my opinion it is fact so I guess you can stop wasting your time

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Kinda think you made your own point.

Plenty of blame to go around. Hopefully we can admit it and learn from our mistakes. Not holding my breath...
    Trump is extremely immature and is his own worst enemy. He speaks before he thinks (which is typical for his "fire, ready, aim" temperament) and then refuses to acknowledge when he is wrong, makes a mistake, etc. With that said, I am only aware of one place where Trump mentions injecting a disinfectant. As I recall he does not mention bleach and he does not recommend its use, he references the idea that he was told by someone else, asks if it can be done, defers to doctors, and says he finds the idea interesting. Here is the only instance I am aware of (other than later making it worse by saying he was being sarcastic):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33QdTOyXz3w

He does not mention bleach here (he refers to disinfectant, arguably the same thing) and he does not recommend injecting disinfectant - he *asks* about the tech which he clearly heard about from someone else. Is there somewhere else that he speaks about bleach and/or recommends injecting it? Is this clip shortened/is there a greater context where he refers to bleach and recommends injecting it? My brother (who despises Trump) claims he never made such a statement and I cannot find it anywhere. Is this another case of people believing whatever is reported in the news or does he really say this somewhere?

Principal

Quote Originally Posted by principal View Post
    He does not mention bleach here (he refers to disinfectant, arguably the same thing) and he does not recommend injecting disinfectant - he *asks* about the tech which he clearly heard about from someone else. Is there somewhere else that he speaks about bleach and/or recommends injecting it? Is this clip shortened/is there a greater context where he refers to bleach and recommends injecting it? My brother (who despises Trump) claims he never made such a statement and I cannot find it anywhere. Is this another case of people believing whatever is reported in the news or does he really say this somewhere?

Principal
    Agreed. I don’t think he ever said anything about injecting bleach. What he did say was taken out of context and turned into him saying we should all inject bleach to kill the virus.

The media and social media were doing whatever they could to hurt Trump’s election chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by principal View Post
    Trump is extremely immature and is his own worst enemy. He speaks before he thinks (which is typical for his "fire, ready, aim" temperament) and then refuses to acknowledge when he is wrong, makes a mistake, etc. With that said, I am only aware of one place where Trump mentions injecting a disinfectant. As I recall he does not mention bleach and he does not recommend its use, he references the idea that he was told by someone else, asks if it can be done, defers to doctors, and says he finds the idea interesting. Here is the only instance I am aware of (other than later making it worse by saying he was being sarcastic):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33QdTOyXz3w

Principal
    Oh don’t disagree with this and these were my same thoughts. Those quotes were taken from Paul’s original post on the topic. He was stating that he never seen this much polarization in health, then sarcastically responds to Strange Brew for helping his cause. Just trying to establish own hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Agreed. I don’t think he ever said anything about injecting bleach.
    Watch the video. He did say something about injecting disinfectants (bleach is a common one used to kill the virus on surfaces).
    He looked at Birx and asked her to have it checked out, with medical doctors.
    Later realizing how stupid that looked, he decided to say he was being sarcastic.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Watch the video. He did say something about injecting disinfectants (bleach is a common one used to kill the virus on surfaces).
    He looked at Birx and asked her to have it checked out, with medical doctors.
    Later realizing how stupid that looked, he decided to say he was being sarcastic.
    I remember that press conference, and being embarrassed for our country. I don’t remember the exact wording, but it was embarrassing.