Page 426 of 763 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Supporting Member
    Got my first Pfizer shot this morning....glad to be halfway there and that as a nation we are getting closer to normalcy.

Slacker. I get Pfizer #2 later today.

I got Pfizer #2 last week. The next day was a bit rough, but nothing too bad. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    In all seriousness, if a person had already received both vaccine shots and it was 14+ days passed the second, when can said person take off his mask in Ohio?

Asking for a friend.
    In confined spaces with limited distancing (grocery stores, etc.) you should continue to wear the mask.
    It will help your friend, as despite being vaccinated, you can still carry the virus (especially in nasal passages).

Your friend will thank you.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    In confined spaces with limited distancing (grocery stores, etc.) you should continue to wear the mask.
    It will help your friend, as despite being vaccinated, you can still carry the virus (especially in nasal passages).

Actually if your friend is fully vaccinated you can go maskless.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Slacker. I get Pfizer #2 later today.
    Slacker. I goy #2 two weeks ago. :-)

Felt just fine afterward. Barely even any arm soreness.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

Unfortunately I think this is more confusing messaging just to get non vaccinated people to not lax on masking.

I read an article that interviewed many top docs in this area and one said "if there is another vaccine out there where the person vaccinated can still get and transmit to others what they are vaccinated against, I don't know of it"

I think it is a cover your ass/lets not rile up the non vaccinated people statement to say you have to continue to wear your mask because you might still transmit it. Unfortunately it unintentionally down plays the vaccine and how effective it is and it again muddies the message.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

It's either cover your ass, or erring on the side of caution.
    Why not do the latter...especially if your friend is not yet vaccinated? What could it possibly hurt?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ed-people.html
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Why not do the latter...especially if your friend is not yet vaccinated? What could it possibly hurt?

I don't disagree in general but I think it downplays the brilliance of the vaccine. That has happened with certain statements and that is a mistake and definitely hurts.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

There just needs to be more of this bullet imo:

"Taking steps towards relaxing certain measures for vaccinated people may help improve COVID-19 vaccine acceptance and uptake."

And I have no problem requiring people to show proof of vaccination to be able to do different things or relax certain restrictions. Give incentive to others to get vaccinated.