Page 372 of 763 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382422472 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

I had the Moderna vaccine dose 1 last week. I didn’t notice any symptoms other than a very mild headache for an hour later that day which may or may not have been related. Also all coworkers except one that got it have not had any symptoms. The coworker that did had a low grade temp increase that night, which is not uncommon and signifies a good immune response.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Interested to hear if anyone here has been vaxxed yet and what the experience is like? My wife get hers tomorrow.
    I was exactly 1 week ago today. Have no really had any adverse effects. Had a sore arm for about 48 hours only felt it though when reaching over head, otherwise did not feel sore. Otherwise nothing. Should get my second dose in about 2 weeks.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    We are rapidly approaching 50% of the population having Covid this year (we will be there next week):

https://covidtracking.com/data/us-daily

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ng-100-million

How in the hell can anyone say with a straight face that masks or lockdowns work? Quit fooling yourselves!! Even the CDC now admits that masks don't work:

"Individual who has had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more)

* Person with COVID-19 who has symptoms (in the period from 2 days before symptom onset until they meet criteria for discontinuing home isolation; can be laboratory-confirmed or a clinically compatible illness)

* Person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (laboratory confirmed) but has not had any symptoms (in the 2 days before the date of specimen collection until they meet criteria for discontinuing home isolation).

Note: This is irrespective of whether the person with COVID-19 or the contact was wearing a mask or whether the contact was wearing respiratory personal protective equipment (PPE)"

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index...sks-don-t-work

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...endations.html

Regardless of what the CDC is saying right now, the proof is in the pudding - with roughly 47% of the population having Covid, it's obvious that masks don't work!

Supporting Member
    I agree with your point - it’s become that it’s very clear humans cannot stop a virus, but you may have looked at the wrong number. It shows just over 19M cases to-date.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    I agree with your point - it’s become that it’s very clear humans cannot stop a virus, but you may have looked at the wrong number. It shows just over 19M cases to-date.
    MID - multiply the 19M reported cases by 8 (per the CDC asymptomatic and unreported estimate study: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ng-100-million) to get the roughly 152M total cases for the U.S. currently.

Supporting Member
    I ask for your prayers please. My 92-year old grandfather in-law has COVID-19. There was an outbreak at the nursing home he’s been locked in since March.

Before March we used to pick him up every Sunday to watch football, baseball, Xavier. He was sharp as a tack. Once the positive test came back they moved him from the room he’s been in for 2 years to a “COVID room”. Apparently he’s doing OK with the virus, but the unfamiliar room and staff has made him very confused and he’s fallen into dementia. This has me very sad and angry. There has to be a better way.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    I ask for your prayers please. My 92-year old grandfather in-law has COVID-19. There was an outbreak at the nursing home he’s been locked in since March.

Before March we used to pick him up every Sunday to watch football, baseball, Xavier. He was sharp as a tack. Once the positive test came back they moved him from the room he’s been in for 2 years to a “COVID room”. Apparently he’s doing OK with the virus, but the unfamiliar room and staff has made him very confused and he’s fallen into dementia. This has me very sad and angry. There has to be a better way.
    MID - so sorry to hear this. FYI and FWIW, I just saw this: https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-12-...us-deaths.html I've read similar studies/info from other sources as well, that say that Vitamins D and C, and Zinc are key for treating Covid and other flu viruses. I credit Emergen-C for helping me and my wife when we contracted Covid back in Sept. If it doesn't help, at least it doesn't hurt.
    Last edited by XU_Lou; 12-29-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Prayers sent. I’m glad he’s doing well with the virus, and pray the mental aspect is temporary as he battles new surroundings and the understandable fear.

My 93 year old mother is in a retirement facility and the fear is overwhelming her. They just had the first positive test in the building and that really ramped things up even more. At 93 you expect them to be slipping a little, but the rate of decline is getting more precipitous. I sure wish I knew what the better way is, because this sucks!

Good luck with your grandfather in-law!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    MID - so sorry to hear this. FYI and FWIW, I just saw this: https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-12-...us-deaths.html I've read similar studies/info from other sources as well, that say that Vitamins D and C, and Zinc are key for treating Covid and other flu viruses. I credit Emergen-C for helping me and my wife when we contracted Covid back in Sept. If it doesn't help, at least it doesn't hurt.
    Thanks Lou. It’s most frustrating that he’s supposed to be safe and is sacrificing life for that safety. He’s a tough and generally healthy SOB so I think he’ll beat Covid, but to hear him making little sense on the phone today is heartbreaking. Also thanks for the advice - my family has been taking C and D during the winter for years, and I take Emergen-C when I travel for work - we have remained mostly healthy.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Prayers sent. I’m glad he’s doing well with the virus, and pray the mental aspect is temporary as he battles new surroundings and the understandable fear.

My 93 year old mother is in a retirement facility and the fear is overwhelming her. They just had the first positive test in the building and that really ramped things up even more. At 93 you expect them to be slipping a little, but the rate of decline is getting more precipitous. I sure wish I knew what the better way is, because this sucks!

Good luck with your grandfather in-law!
    Thanks 82. I’m hearing more about then nursing home cases. I’ll say a prayer for your mom and all those in that situation. It does suck.