Page 330 of 763 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380430 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

France is certainly a mess, but for a college aged kid (assuming she is generally healthy)....meh.

This Covid is hammering the job market. Still 11 million out of work. I hope it continues to trend up.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    France is certainly a mess, but for a college aged kid (assuming she is generally healthy)....meh.
    They basically agreed that she was safer in France than the mom was at home on Chemo with too many active people coming and going. Life is full of decisions, and you just do the best you can!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    They basically agreed that she was safer in France than the mom was at home on Chemo with too many active people coming and going. Life is full of decisions, and you just do the best you can!
    Hopefully by the time she gets back from the semester, a vaccine is widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    My BIL is sending his college age daughter to France for a semester (French major of some sort). I’m shocked. He’s a doctor, and his wife is a doctor. Sadly, the wife has stage 4 cancer, so part of it is they are afraid to have people around, coming and going after being exposed to who knows what. What might be fine for the daughter might kill the wife.

I don’t like to judge unless it’s egregiously bad behavior. I don’t know what to make of this, but just praying for the best for everyone.
    If you're going to judge, it should be for them not convincing her that a French degree is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdiggins View Post
    If you're going to judge, it should be for them not convincing her that a French degree is useless.
    They have seen much of the world going to Irish dancing competitions. (This Irish guy didn’t even know there was such a thing!) They are both doctors, common sense is not a strong point. A French degree of some sort is right up their alley. Her older sister is in law school at Vanderbilt, but she’s basically the voice of reason for the entire family.

I honestly didn't know traveling abroad was available.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    I honestly didn't know traveling abroad was available.
    We have had a trip planned for almost a year. A few days in Italy, then a Windstar cruise (only about 300 passengers) basically from Rome (or the nearby port I can’t spell) to Barcelona. It is NEXT October, and I’m still not sure if it happens.

We are actually surprised the college is allowing this trip.

Last edited by xu82; 11-06-2020 at 10:29 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    This ridiculous overreaction to Covid is hammering the job market. Still 11 million out of work. I hope it continues to trend up by ending these destructive shutdowns.

Fixed that for you.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Supporting Member
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"