Page 306 of 763 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Who the hell is QAnon? A conspiracy theory about a Conspiracy theory. Haven't seen any "Q" burn down buildings and torch businesses and police stations.
    Now tell me about the "Idea" that IS Antifa.
    https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-cont...-extremism.pdf

It is a group that has been labeled a domestic terrorism threat by the FBI due to its members committing and attempting to commit violent actions. I assumed you would be up to date on this group since your main policy is making sure America is safe from domestic terrorism. Or do you only care about domestic terrorism that fits you agenda.

And yes, I condemn anyone that commit violent actions.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Who the hell is QAnon? A conspiracy theory about a Conspiracy theory. Haven't seen any "Q" burn down buildings and torch businesses and police stations.
    Now tell me about the "Idea" that IS Antifa.
    Give me a f***ing break. Get out from under the rock and see the world outside the Foxland bubble.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Sophomore
    Science! SCIENCE!!!

Over 6000 Scientists, Doctors Sign Anti-lockdown Petition: https://summit.news/2020/10/07/over-...down-petition/

Also, note that the libs on this board have failed to denounce the absolutely insane positions their party has taken. Instead, they try to deflect with irrelevant conspiracies that no one gives a rats ass about....

Here's a non-conspiracy fact:

More people tested positive for the virus last week from non-socially distancing at the White House (including the President who had to be medically treated) than the entire country of Taiwan...which still only has 7 deaths vs. 200,000+.

The big difference? They wear masks.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Science! SCIENCE!!!

Over 6000 Scientists, Doctors Sign Anti-lockdown Petition: https://summit.news/2020/10/07/over-...down-petition/

Also, note that the libs on this board have failed to denounce the absolutely insane positions their party has taken. Instead, they try to deflect with irrelevant conspiracies that no one gives a rats ass about....
    So, this is advocating herd immunity. Which might make sense if you knew that this particular virus, and catching it, does not represent having long term negative medical consequences. I don't think we know that yet.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Here's a non-conspiracy fact:

More people tested positive for the virus last week from non-socially distancing at the White House (including the President who had to be medically treated) than the entire country of Taiwan...which still only has 7 deaths vs. 200,000+.

The big difference? They wear masks.
    I guess the fact that it's an island nation has nothing to do with their numbers??

Nice how you conveniently overlook Sweden....

Ask a doctor not on a government payroll and they will tell you masks don't work - I'll refer you once again to post #3010

Sure they're an island nation. As soon as they knew about the virus, they quarantined everyone who came in from China.
    They managed the virus situation. They wore masks. I think it helped.

I didn't "overlook" Sweden. What should I look for?
    Sweden has had 57 deaths/100,000
    The US has had 64 deaths/100,000
    Taiwan has had 0.03 deaths/100,000

What am I missing?

Sophomore
    Sure they're an island nation. As soon as they knew about the virus, they quarantined everyone who came in from China.

What am I missing?
    A couple take home points:

1. There is no way you can compare the USA to Tawain, New Zealand, South Korea or any other similar nation with the ability to easily lock down transit in/out of the country and/or implement totalitarian type regulations.

2. Masks do work. I don't know a single physician colleague who claims otherwise. Certain types of mask work better than others (Astym 3 vs. N95 vs. KN-95 vs. P100 vs. others) at reducing the risk of transmission by varying degrees. Knowing how to wear a mask helps, obviously. I don't understand those who refuse to wear a mask. It certainly makes me feel uncomfortable when I see or if I am an area when appropriate social distancing and mask wearing is being ignored.

3. Covid seems evolving/changing as a disease. It seems to be equally/maybe more contagious as when it first presented. It does not seem to be as deadly as when it first hit NYC. More cases, but less morbidity and mortality. This may be due to better management and treatment options. It could also be because more contagious, but less virulent strains are now becoming more common. I think this trend will continue as the vaccine becomes available, more treatments become available (such as the Regeneron Antibody cocktail), and as we develop some humoral/innate immunity.

I see a light at the end of the tunnel and think we are hopefully going to be on the back end of this Pandemic in the New Year.

I wonder if trump will write us a check for his treatment. He doesn't pay any taxes so I think it would only be the right thing to do so. After all, he got the best treatment on earth unavailable to the rest of us.
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member

What am I missing?
    How about a comparison that is very similar in geography and population:
    https://twitter.com/boriquagato/stat...850049031?s=20

"...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"