Page 294 of 763 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Dining with a mask is not possible. Unless you can somehow get food into your mouth while its still covered up, you can't eat with a mask on. Requiring them in restaurants makes no sense at all because at some point you'll have to take it off.
    I wear a mask into the restaurant and when I’m moving around (restroom, etc). I take it off at the table. I don’t think it’s a big deal.

We had a party of 8 Sunday night, and they limit occupancy. We had a great time, except I ended up sitting next to a friend’s daughter and her sorority sister who were sent home from college because their house had the highest positive test rate on campus, they seemed to brag. I was told they had both tested negative multiple times. I responded that I don’t trust any of those tests very much. Yes, a bit of tension ensued. I don’t trust their judgment and their need to hug everyone. A little common sense could go a long way.

I also stay away from crowded bars.

I'm still trying to figure out whether I ingest, or inject, this disinfectant I picked up at Costco.
    That was never quite made clear.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out whether I ingest, or inject, this disinfectant I picked up at Costco.
    Neither. Spray it in the air and inhale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Pradheep J. Shanker
    @Neoavatara

So far today:

1. Dem Speaker of the House ignored supposedly 'scientifically' based laws of California to get her hair done.
    2. Philly Mayor used science to close restaurants...then crossed the border to have dinner.
    3. And the NY Gov completely lost nursing home COVID records.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Pradheep J. Shanker
    @Neoavatara

So far today:

1. Dem Speaker of the House ignored supposedly 'scientifically' based laws of California to get her hair done.
    2. Philly Mayor used science to close restaurants...then crossed the border to have dinner.
    3. And the NY Gov completely lost nursing home COVID records.
    Another example of rules for thee and not for me. Serious question for the libs... is this OK?
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Supporting Member
    Here’s a nice read for those who still think lockdowns are a good idea:
    https://www.revolver.news/2020/08/st...ndemic-itself/
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

I believe I read that somebody became re-infected after having the virus, and recovering.

If that's the case, herd immunity loses a lot of its benefit.
    A paper published today tracked 285 patients that were discharged from the hospital and were followed to see who would get re-infected and who wouldn't, out of the 285, 27 (9.5%) did get a positive nasopharyngeal swab after, and the paper came to this conclusion:

In conclusion, RP (re-detectable as positive) events occurred in nearly 10% of COVID-19 patients shortly after the negative tests, were not associated with worsening symptoms and unlikely reflect reinfection. Patients' lack of efficiency in virus clearance was a risk factor for RP result. It is noteworthy that elder RP patients (>/= 60 years old) were more susceptible to clinical symptoms at readmission

I only glanced over it as I was a bit busy today, so haven't looked at the data for statistical significance or anything yet, just was sent to me by my sister who's a Baltimore area physician (and much smarter, and much more badass than I haha), but here a link if you wanna check it out: Incidence, clinical course and risk factor for recurrent PCR positivity in discharged COVID-19 patients in Guangzhou, China: A prospective cohort study ; so take that as you will.

This one is much easier, you ingest about 10oz of bleach, and then inject the disinfectant into your vein directly, best defense is having two substances obviously bud haha.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    You schedule 2 injections spread apart over 30 days.

I know Trump is mad at the WHO, but what would have been the downside of joining the 170 nations on a coordinated effort to get a workable vaccine?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

80 year old Nancy Pelosi says masks aren't necessary. Carry on as before.............
    Veritas vos Liberabit