Page 245 of 763 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345745 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Florida is in trouble .... their positivity rate is around 20% and the hospitals in their heavily populated areas are approaching capacity. They have a lot of nursing home deaths as well, and when you look at the average age of death itÂ’s not much different there than anywhere. In hindsight, nursing homes should have had stricter regulations earlier for their employees but it is so difficult to implement.

I think the NBA should relocate but the money involved must be too much set in stone. In 3 weeks it could be ugly there.
    I think itÂ’s actually encouraging that Texas, Florida and Arizona have so many cases and A much lower Fatality rate then those states that spiked early on. Arizona, Florida and Texas have a fatality rate of less than 1.5% compared to positive cases whereas New York is like 8% and Ohio 5%. There has to be a reason for that. If the fatalities donÂ’t jump like crazy soon in those states that would be very encouraging. So far they are not seeing a lot compared to the number or positive cases and they have been jumping for over 30 days plus they had a good number of cases prior to the current spikes as well. I think New York just freaked everyone out and thatÂ’s why we are panicking now.

Yea so my bullshit radar is going off here.... for a few reasons but discounting facial coverings and distancing is the main reason. He states that masking prevents passive immunity from occurring but we don’t transfer antibodies to each other through the air, or at all for that matter without infusing plasma.

But if he has prevented 75 people from being hospitalized from COVID then that’s great. I have seen a small handful of people treated outpatient early with similar regimens end up in the hospital, so I am hesitant to believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I think itÂ’s actually encouraging that Texas, Florida and Arizona have so many cases and A much lower Fatality rate then those states that spiked early on. Arizona, Florida and Texas have a fatality rate of less than 1.5% compared to positive cases whereas New York is like 8% and Ohio 5%. There has to be a reason for that. If the fatalities donÂ’t jump like crazy soon in those states that would be very encouraging. So far they are not seeing a lot compared to the number or positive cases and they have been jumping for over 30 days plus they had a good number of cases prior to the current spikes as well. I think New York just freaked everyone out and thatÂ’s why we are panicking now.
    New York sent infected people back into nursing homes- By Order of Governor Cuomo.
    No bullshit there.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    New York sent infected people back into nursing homes- By Order of Governor Cuomo.
    No bullshit there.
    So do you think this is bullshit?

Basically says that sick staff was the main reason for LTCF deaths.

Welcome to world of medicine/science. People probably don’t realize this is normal even when we understand or know the disease state. Some do it one way and others differently. Some say they see results and others don’t. Why? I have no idea and most people in medical community don’t either. This is why most should always get a second opinion.

This WSJ article attributes the many deaths in New York to Cuomo's slow response. So even if sending people to nursing homes wasn't the main reason for all the deaths, the slow response certainly was.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-new...se-11591908426

Look, I firmly believe Trump has been pathetic through this whole mess. But don't try to exonerate Cuomo, because if he would've been as proactive as other governors there would be far less deaths in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    This WSJ article attributes the many deaths in New York to Cuomo's slow response. So even if sending people to nursing homes wasn't the main reason for all the deaths, the slow response certainly was.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-new...se-11591908426

Look, I firmly believe Trump has been pathetic through this whole mess. But don't try to exonerate Cuomo, because if he would've been as proactive as other governors there would be far less deaths in New York.
    Can’t read the article as it’s behind a paywall. I’m not trying to defend Cuomo, I don’t live in New York and have no idea what his response was like initially. I also believe NYC to be likely the most difficult place to contain the virus on Earth for many reasons. It is much easier to contain in Ohio, rural states with low density, and places that aren’t travel destinations. Florida was likely never going to avoid it but their governor made a “Mission Accomplished” speech with VP Pence and now is likely regretting it. He has done many positives as well in regard to widespread testing that we still lack here for whatever reason.

Veritas vos Liberabit

Yeah, it's Bullshit. It's coming from the same entity that carried out Cuomo's orders and they get their "friends" to give "reports" on reasons. Anything to cover it up and avoid lawsuits, right?

By your response, you are defending Cuomo, and look for any reason to go after non-Dem governors or the feds for their lack of response. Meanwhile, New Jersey and Michigan and Connecticut and Massachusetts get a free pass from you.
    The Feds sent hospital ships and outfitted the Javitts Center for treatments, yet they were barely used. Meanwhile, Cuomo sends infected patients back into nursing homes when they could have gone to those other locations. This caused thousands of unneeded nursing home deaths. That is undeniable.
    And talk about a "Mission Accomplished" speech? Cuomo and his idiot brother on CNN sucking each other off is disgusting at least and lack of journalistic integrity at worst. The same Chris Cuomo who tested positive and broke his Quarantine to ride his bike without a mask.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell