Page 227 of 763 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327727 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    I’m talking about Texas, Arizona, Florida, South Carolina. You know, the places where cases are going up but cops didn’t kill someone, so majority of the protesting was done by May 31. I hope what you are saying about the delayed spread isn’t accurate or the spikes could be attributed to reopening. Are you advocating for a return to shutdowns?
    The spikes in these states could be due to the fact that they are vacation locations so they are getting lots of tourists to their areas since schools ended around the end of May/beginning of June. That is just my guess though.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

Was anyone expecting the number of cases to not spike once states began to reopen? I'm not trying to be funny. I thought that was part of the deal that everyone understood that the number of cases would spike. This is hardly surprising. So....why are they closing them again? Did they not have a plan for dealing with what was undoubtedly and inevitably going to happen?
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Was anyone expecting the number of cases to not spike once states began to reopen? I'm not trying to be funny. I thought that was part of the deal that everyone understood that the number of cases would spike. This is hardly surprising. So....why are they closing them again? Did they not have a plan for dealing with what was undoubtedly and inevitably going to happen?
    I think it's obvious we had no national plan and we had limited success with the states rolling out their own stupid half-assed plans. Compare our efforts with Tawain, a country of 24 million people who immediately day one went to the mask, testing everybody and contract tracing. 7 deaths for 24 million people! We still don't have a clue that not wearing a mask kills other people!! Masks 3% infection rate. No mask 17%!!!! Duh! When it's -10 below zero, one would expect everyone to not go outside without a coat as you would eventually freeze to death. Wear the damn mask when you go out. It's no big f'ing deal!
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 06-26-2020 at 12:39 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

God, we are really fucking stupid. If there is any silver lining to this, I hope it's that we are able to realize how collectively dumb we all are and that we need to get collectively smarter. When it comes to COVID, the United States was by far both the slowest and the dumbest in terms of how we dealt with it. As a result, we will be the last country to get this in our rear view mirrors.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I think it's obvious we had no national plan and we had limited success with the states rolling out their own stupid half-assed plans. Compare our efforts with Tawain, a country of 24 million people who immediately day one went to the mask, testing everybody and contract tracing. 7 deaths for 24 million people! We still don't have a clue that not wearing a mask kills other people!! Masks 3% infection rate. No mask 17%!!!! Duh! When it's -10 below zero, one would expect everyone to not go outside without a coat as you would eventually freeze to death. Wear the damn mask when you go out. It's no big f'ing deal!
    There’s no way to have a “national plan” with our system of government. The individual state governors would never go for the Federal government, especially Trump’s government, telling them what to do to address this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    There’s no way to have a “national plan” with our system of government. The individual state governors would never go for the Federal government, especially Trump’s government, telling them what to do to address this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. But the media and libs will still blame Trump. Where's George H.W. Bush when you need him?!?
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    An increase was expected; the degree of the increase was not. In Florida (as an example) they hovered around 1000-1200 new cases per day since April. When the increases started about 2 weeks ask I read they expected a climb to 2000-3000 per day. They have 9000 new cases today! They just shut down bars, and again are talking about hospital overcapacity. Ugh.

There are some good thoughts above on the reasons for this, but we’re all just guessing. I sure hope by now the CDC and medical community is sophisticated enough with tracing to determine where they are coming from. If not, it’s an epic fail.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

What? The DeSantis Victory lap is over? Noooooooo….

but, but...MOR said he was doing a great job.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 06-26-2020 at 08:32 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    What? The DeSantis Victory lap is over? Noooooooo…..
    Yep, the Government Controllers have evened the series against the Freedom Lovers, 1-1. This could go the distance.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Yep, the Government Controllers have evened the series against the Freedom Lovers, 1-1. This could go the distance.
    I sure hope this is a best of 3 series. Who is NOT tired of this shit? Can we fast forward to 2021?