Page 21 of 763 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121521 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

If he's even 1/2 right, we are in for some massive changes for the next couple of months.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

https://youtu.be/Kas0tIxDvrg

This is for the “mathy” folks, but worth a few minutes.

STAY HOME as much as possible! Do NOT be an “E”!

EDIT: I usually blow past a lot of links, but this takes just a few minutes. I’m not a math guy, but the formula is simple. PLEASE take a moment to watch this. Then be smart.
    Last edited by xu82; 03-14-2020 at 08:25 PM.

First time ever I’m actually enjoying watching a rerun of the 2019 Players tournament. Normally I just curse the rain delays and say why do I have to watch last year’s tournament because I already know who wins. Ok this actually sad.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    If he's even 1/2 right, we are in for some massive changes for the next couple of months.
    Probably longer than a couple of months Paul.

I give full credit to my wife. We are both over 60, she has dealt with bronchitis her entire life, and I am a Type II Diabetic.

We started provisioning last Saturday and finished this past Wednesday. I am setting her up now for VPN access to her office at her law firm. We’re actually set for months. As far as the immediate future is concerned, we have shut ourselves down for the next 14 days. Not going anywhere. Not having any visitors.

The financial and health impact from all of this is going to be, in my opinion, astounding.
    Last edited by xudash; 03-14-2020 at 05:10 PM.
    X A V I E R

I have a Xavier buddy who had to fly to LA from Atlanta yesterday for a client meeting. He did NOT want to go, but had to do it. As soon as he arrived he turned on his phone to learn the meeting was cancelled. UGH! He just landed back in Atlanta, not happy......

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I have a Xavier buddy who had to fly to LA from Atlanta yesterday for a client meeting. He did NOT want to go, but had to do it. As soon as he arrived he turned on his phone to learn the meeting was cancelled. UGH! He just landed back in Atlanta, not happy......
    As has been said many times before, we are about to find out what meetings could have just been an email.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    As has been said many times before, we are about to find out what meetings could have just been an email.
    My wife works for a big bank out of NYC. Offices around the world. She travels from Atlanta to various places roughly 3 weeks/month. They nixed all travel almost a month ago, and everything has gotten done just fine. The work from home thing has had a few more kinks in it, but they will work it out.

What would we have been facing just 25 years ago from a technology perspective? If you think THIS is bad, imagine what THAT would look like!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Yeah, at this point I almost just want to get it, sit in my basement alone for two weeks and get it over with.
    Japanese guy who got it has it again.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Japanese guy who got it has it again.
    How incredibly fortunate!!!

YAY! :-)

I read about a case like this (or maybe this exact case), and they used an analogy that included a jar of jam. You can open the jar, see the mold on top and skim it off. It looks like its free of mold, but that’s only what you can see. You don’t have mold again, you STILL have mold.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    He's doing a great job.
    Yeah he is. And Ohio seems to be ahead of many states in dealing with this or trying to.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17