Page 20 of 763 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120520 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

edit: double post. Told y’all I’m an idiot when comes to this stuff.
    Last edited by noteggs; 03-14-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kmcrawfo View Post
    Quarantine at home is the only viable solution and that is why every single country in the world is following this model.
    Thank you for being a voice of reason here.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    DeWine tweeted this which makes perfect sense:

“You can't write laws to cover every situation. People need to take some responsibility, and we're seeing it happen. People are getting it.”
    He's doing a great job.

No worries. Google has 1700 engineers working on it.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    IÂ’m super confused why being treated and released to be quarantined at home is confusing or contradictory? You canÂ’t keep every person who has this in a hospital. There will be millions who have this. You have to be purposely being obtuse.

What is your stance? This isnÂ’t a big deal and the media is trying to make it one to get trump out of office? Is that the stance? What about Italy? They are part of the big conspiracy?

Is this real life?
    Let me try one more time to illuminate the contradiction: We shut everything down to slow the spread, then send the only 4 people who test positive in the region home from a hospital. But isolating the few positive cases now would help slow the spread. That is a contradiction. And I don’t think the demeaning responses are warranted. I get “we can’t keep millions in a hospital”. But it’s not millions. It’s 4. I hope we stop it from becoming millions, otherwise we will have overwhelmed our medical system, which is what we are taking drastic measures to prevent. Heck, the 4 may grow to 4000 positives in the region, then I’ll agree we can’t quarantine them. But for now...

To my point about the media, I have no stance, especially a political one. Review my past posts - I pretty much despise them all, including and especially Trump. I do think the media sensationalizes things - donÂ’t you? IÂ’m calling it out because the media needs to be fair, accurate and complete - especially now. Do you feel they are?
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Perhaps the media would do a better job if the leaders listened to the CDC:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...navirus-trump/
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

The problem with a controlled hospital quarantine is that those 4 had already spread the virus to likely dozens of individuals before they arrived to the hospital. So isolating them before they spread it would have been impossible because that occurred before they even arrived. The cost-benefit ratio of using a hospital to contain further spread is outrageous and really only works to control the dipshits that think they can’t spread it, which are few so far thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    The problem with a controlled hospital quarantine is that those 4 had already spread the virus to likely dozens of individuals before they arrived to the hospital. So isolating them before they spread it would have been impossible because that occurred before they even arrived. The cost-benefit ratio of using a hospital to contain further spread is outrageous and really only works to control the dipshits that think they can’t spread it, which are few so far thankfully.
    And they are not the only 4 capable of spreading it to the region.

Yeah what a crock of shit.
    Co-sign this, though in uplifting news Cleveland Clinic has created a test that can have an accurate result in 8 hours, the brilliant minds up there never cease to amaze me.

I don’t know who this guy is, or anything about the accuracy of what he’s providing, but if this doesn’t make you want to practice your “social distancing”, I don’t know what to tell you!

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca