Page 101 of 763 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    I get your point on that’s a lot deaths because it is. Also, I’m not trying to compare the death rates of viruses, but on how we count them. Not all deaths during flu season we attribute it to the flu even though present upon death (hence the extreme broad range reported).

On the other hand, if a patient dies with covid and who might be dying of CHF (among many reason) we’re counting it as a covid death. I mean one can make a strong case that heart failure was the leading cause of death. Not sure which way is correct or accurate.

But using the latter rationale, politicians will only use it to justify their actions (IMHO). Unfortunately that might paint a different picture on what we should do moving forward. Regardless, this virus seems to be a bad dude.
    As I understand it, we get the 30,000-60,000 flu deaths per year figure by counting all of the people who have influenza listed as one of multiple causes of death. It doesn't have to be the primary cause. I've spent about 20 minutes on the Google to try to either confirm or deny that's how it's counted, but I've come up empty.

So I DO think we're counting COVID the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Not saying you are wrong, there is no way to quantify exactly the effect of each virus, BUT if I may present a counter point: when filling out a death certificate (in Ohio and most states) there are several lines we have to fill out in addition to cause of death. The cause of death is never “INFLUENZA” or “COVID-19”. It is whatever the immediate cause of death is (cardiopulmonary arrest, etc). The next couple lines after cause of death are the conditions that complicated disease state such as “influenza” or “COVID-19”, or whatever infection/condition it may be. (Interesting tidbit: There is also a line that asks if tobacco use contributed to this persons death) So the CHF patient you mention may have both CHF and COVID on the death certificate. That said it is highly unlikely that we are counting a higher percentage of COVID deaths than Flu deaths, especially without widespread COVID testing from day 1 because most people admitted for presumed flu are tested.
    We may actually see an increase in flu deaths this year. Not because the flu was worse but because the protocol was to test for flu before corona, so more flu tests were done this year compared to last.
    Your quote is true. For decades we’ve stated primary (immediate) causes as CHF, myocardial infarction, or kidney failure (to your point) when diabetes (probably) was the primary factor. Finally this has been changed. This is not the point here. The count of deaths from covid is not being reported the way you described. If you look at the daily, weekly or whatever the average citizen will not or cannot compute because of the way it’s being reported. They don’t understand what you know and think virus was the main reason for death. I could be wrong (which happens a lot), but cannot remember virus reporting from medical, governmental or press counted this way. Maybe in 1918?

Ryland Barton
    @RylandKY
    Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear says that if people go to mass gatherings this weekend, the state will record license plates in crowded parking lots (like churches), local health departments will order people connected with license plates to quarantine for 14 days.
    No one is worried about the power grab all these worthless governors are engaging in yet?

"You want to celebrate the holiest Christian holiday? Well f*ck you, you're quarantined."

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Your quote is true. For decades we’ve stated primary (immediate) causes as CHF, myocardial infarction, or kidney failure (to your point) when diabetes (probably) was the primary factor. Finally this has been changed. This is not the point here. The count of deaths from covid is not being reported the way you described. If you look at the daily, weekly or whatever the average citizen will not or cannot compute because of the way it’s being reported. They don’t understand what you know and think virus was the main reason for death. I could be wrong (which happens a lot), but cannot remember virus reporting from medical, governmental or press counted this way. Maybe in 1918?
    I’m not sure I follow completely. If someone with kidney failure secondary to diabetes that is on dialysis they usually have some sort of cardiovascular event that ends up causing death. Now I could be wrong but to my understanding (assuming the death certificate is completed correctly) that is reported as a death caused by cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, and diabetes. They all get “credit” for death. In order for it to count they have to file the death certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    No one is worried about the power grab all these worthless governors are engaging in yet?

"You want to celebrate the holiest Christian holiday? Well f*ck you, you're quarantined."
    Please excuse me as I have not been following along that closely, but what the hell does THAT mean? You think it’s Easter and politics? I think I’m missing something here.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Please excuse me as I have not been following along that closely, but what the hell does THAT mean? You think it’s Easter and politics? I think I’m missing something here.
    My point is that Kentucky's governor is going to use state power to track his citizens as they have the audacity to attend church on the holiest day of the year to Christians and then order them into their homes for two weeks whether they actually contract the virus or not. Again, some of you are ok with the power grab by the governors around the country but if this doesn't seem like a complete government overreach of their powers against civil liberties, then we have different views on how this country should operate.

Edit:

Michigan's governor is also banning her citizens from growing their own food or plants

https://twitter.com/joesichspach/sta...931258370?s=20

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Are there really any "normal" churches having services?

I know there are some crazy pastors out there still doing so.

Read an article recently about one who actually died from coronavirus.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    My point is that Kentucky's governor is going to use state power to track his citizens as they have the audacity to attend church on the holiest day of the year to Christians and then order them into their homes for two weeks whether they actually contract the virus or not. Again, some of you are ok with the power grab by the governors around the country but if this doesn't seem like a complete government overreach of their powers against civil liberties, then we have different views on how this country should operate.

Edit:

Michigan's governor is also banning her citizens from growing their own food or plants

https://twitter.com/joesichspach/sta...931258370?s=20
    What you call a power grab, I call common sense. God gave us the mind to make wise choices. Some of us might need to protect those who are not capable of making wise choices.

We can disagree, I’ll go with the program for now. I have ZERO desire to sit in a mobbed church right now. If my kids felt the need to do so, I’d have them tested for brain damage.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Are there really any "normal" churches having services?

I know there are some crazy pastors out there still doing so.

Read an article recently about one who actually died from coronavirus.
    By normal, do you mean ones that have mass for reasons other than that steal money from their congregation?
    No.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    What you call a power grab, I call common sense. God gave us the mind to make wise choices. Some of us might need to protect those who are not capable of making wise choices.

We can disagree, I’ll go with the program for now. I have ZERO desire to sit in a mobbed church right now. If my kids felt the need to do so, I’d have them tested for brain damage.
    So to summarize, the constitution is not that important to you?

In Mississippi, people were fined 500 dollars for sitting in their car, listening to the sermon with their windows up via radio. That enough common sense for you?