Page 379 of 763 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    I’ll say a prayer for your family. I’ll also pray for you to be more kind to them. Blaming people and calling them names for living their lives with the small risk of CV is ridiculous. Everyone is keenly aware of that risk and everyone is free to make their own choices, whether it’s vacationing or attending family get togethers. Just like you are free to make your own choice.
    As he specifically mentioned, he did it here anonymously to vent rather than confront them directly. Nothing wrong with that in my book. I think the choice he made was admirable. He made his choice alright, and I thought it was a good one.

**Yes, you sir with the Running Man sweatshirt****

Hi, my name is Lloyd (Hiiii Lloyd) and it’s been 4 days since my last covid shame. I’m tempted everyday but I’ve been able to take the high road and move on, I think next week is going to be easier than this week... but it’s tough.

My thoughts: The deep seeded feeling with covid shaming is a combination of anger and jealousy. Would I love a vacation right now after working for almost a year straight dealing with this shit everyday? You’re damn right I would and when I see people go on vacations I get jealous. And when they come back with covid and are shocked it happened to them, and infect their family and coworkers...I smh. Sure, I could make that same decision, and I will very soon once vaccinated entirely, but I know that decision affects other people in my life. My parents, who are old, won’t be able to say no to seeing their grandkids. They can’t help themselves, they love them too much to say “no, we shouldn’t see you” so I am taking that scenario off the table. Not to mention the other people in the small bubble we have.

Everyone just wants this to end and covid fatigue is real.

I took a Vegas vacation a few weeks ago. First thing I did when I got Covid was to start planning that sucker. The other trip we took was a perfect Covid trip. We drove to Escalante, UT (the outskirts). It's about the most empty place on earth. At least it was in April. We hiked 10+ miles a day and maybe came within 6 feet of a person once. It was glorious.

The Big Shift Continues, Narrative Now: ‘Lockdowns Have No Benefit’

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ve-no-benefit/

The motives here are exactly as outlined for the past year. The fear of COVID was weaponized to damage the global economy and in doing so damage the reelection guarantee of Donald Trump. Now that mission is accomplished, the walk-back begins:

[Newsweek] A new study evaluating COVID-19 responses around the world found that mandatory lockdown orders early in the pandemic did not provide significantly more benefits to slowing the spread of the disease than other voluntary measures, such as social distancing or travel reduction.

The peer reviewed study, which was conducted by a group of Stanford researchers and published in the Wiley Online Library on January 5, analyzed coronavirus case growth in 10 countries in early 2020.

The study compared cases in England, France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Netherlands, Spain and the U.S. – all countries that implemented mandatory lockdown orders and business closures – to South Korea and Sweden, which implemented less severe, voluntary responses. It aimed to analyze the effect that less restrictive or more restrictive measures had on changing individual behavior and curbing the transmission of the virus
    Last week New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said the economy had suddenly become more important than the threat presented by COVID-19. Too much economic damage was inflicted upon his state and now wants to re-open.

Yesterday, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced the economic damage to the service industry was so severe it was now greater than the COVID risk…. and will reopen bars and restaurants.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    As he specifically mentioned, he did it here anonymously to vent rather than confront them directly. Nothing wrong with that in my book. I think the choice he made was admirable. He made his choice alright, and I thought it was a good one.
    My wife thought she had it before the holidays, was responsible and told the relatives. She tested negative, and was better in 3 days. She still faced pathetic shaming from many self righteous family. Despite the negative test, most relatives think she had CV TODAY and continue to shame. My book is different than yours. If one of the her family bring that shaming shit in my house, they will be screamed out the door. If people feel the need to “vent” with self-righteous CV shaming, all I have to say is Karma is a bitch.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    The Big Shift Continues, Narrative Now: ‘Lockdowns Have No Benefit’

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ve-no-benefit/
    So do you think its the data and the destruction of their own constituents, or the Gov Newsom recall that has caused Cuomo, Lightfoot and Northam to reverse course?

https://libertyunyielding.com/2021/0...ort-seriously/

Sophomore
    My wife thought she had it before the holidays, was responsible and told the relatives. She tested negative, and was better in 3 days. She still faced pathetic shaming from many self righteous family. Despite the negative test, most relatives think she had CV TODAY and continue to shame. My book is different than yours. If one of the her family bring that shaming shit in my house, they will be screamed out the door. If people feel the need to “vent” with self-righteous CV shaming, all I have to say is Karma is a bitch.
    That's truly ridiculous! I've seen that as well, to a degree. BTW, do you know that if she gives blood she can get a free anti-body test - that way she can know for sure if she had it or not.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    That's truly ridiculous! I've seen that as well, to a degree. BTW, do you know that if she gives blood she can get a free anti-body test - that way she can know for sure if she had it or not.
    Good to know. Does every blood donation center do that? I wouldn’t mind getting tested myself since I had something a year ago (to the day, ironically) that sure seemed like CV in retrospect.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

So, are you saying that’s what YOU would do or what HE should do. You handle it your way, and he can handle it his way. It’s not my place to tell you or anyone else how to deal with their family. If he felt venting here was the best to handle it rather than confronting his family and possible causing a rift with his siblings, who am I or anyone else to argue that? It’s not like he’s molesting children or clubbing baby seals. He’s making a decision on how he feels best to interact with his family.

Good to know. Does every blood donation center do that? I wouldn’t mind getting tested myself since I had something a year ago (to the day, ironically) that sure seemed like CV in retrospect.

Beware, it it unknown how long the antibodies last in the body. Somebody we think had it got tested for antibodies 6-8 months later and none were found. SO MUCH is still unknown with this virus, and so little is certain.