Page 388 of 763 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398438488 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Once again - the point.

If you're honest about your own actions but have no clue clue about the interactions of those around you (which you will never know), isn't it kind of a moot point? It's literally a pointless discussion. You can do everything right and still get it.
    This is going nowhere. You re confusing two different issues.

I am unconcerned about the actions of the grocery store clerk who I interact with for 5 mins while we are both masked. (Even if neither of us were masked and that person had COVID I would not be considered an exposure bc the length of time spent together was too short.)

I am concerned with the actions of a family member or a friend who I choose to spend significant time with socially while indoors and unmasked. That is ho I would want to tell me honestly what they've been up to.

I am talking on a completely personal level, nothing about stopping the spread or any other situation you've made up in your head that I said.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Wow, just wow
    Are you really that much of a lunatic? You're really embarrassing yourself...

"Based on what we know about vaccines for other diseases and early data from clinical trials, experts believe that getting a COVID-19 vaccine may also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g%20COVID%2D19.

"Both Pfizer and Moderna report that their vaccines show approximately 95% efficacy at preventing both mild and severe symptoms of COVID-19."

"A vaccine that is 95% effective means that about 1 out of 20 people who get it may not have protection from getting the illness."

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...u-need-to-know

"This may end up being a vaccine that's not a one-time thing or even a two-time thing, it may end up being like, one time and a booster, or it may end up being what we call either a seasonal vaccine, or vaccine that needs to be administered every couple of years," Chiu said.

https://www.salon.com/2020/09/23/a-c...s-for-society/

"People will likely need to take a coronavirus vaccine annually to protect themselves, similar to the annual flu vaccine, an Oxford University scientist working on a COVID-19 vaccine said on Sunday."

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...y-be-necessary

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Are you really that much of a lunatic? You're really embarrassing yourself...

"Based on what we know about vaccines for other diseases and early data from clinical trials, experts believe that getting a COVID-19 vaccine may also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g%20COVID%2D19.

"Both Pfizer and Moderna report that their vaccines show approximately 95% efficacy at preventing both mild and severe symptoms of COVID-19."

"A vaccine that is 95% effective means that about 1 out of 20 people who get it may not have protection from getting the illness."

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...u-need-to-know

"This may end up being a vaccine that's not a one-time thing or even a two-time thing, it may end up being like, one time and a booster, or it may end up being what we call either a seasonal vaccine, or vaccine that needs to be administered every couple of years," Chiu said.

https://www.salon.com/2020/09/23/a-c...s-for-society/

"People will likely need to take a coronavirus vaccine annually to protect themselves, similar to the annual flu vaccine, an Oxford University scientist working on a COVID-19 vaccine said on Sunday."

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...y-be-necessary

These are links from "respected" entities of medicine. To me the rabbit hole is this... Medicine now receives it's money thru the government. And that makes it political. And politicians deal in lies and half truths.

Correct - realistically, as of right now, the people who have had covid are more protected with anti-bodies than the people who have received the vaccine, so...
    They do not know this for sure yet, but early evidence suggests the vaccine is more effective than antibodies from actually getting COVID. Part of this is due to people wh had mild or no symptoms when they got COVID might not of built up many antibodies.

There is not enough evidence due to not enough time to know how long antibodies will last for either one. Not sure why you made your statement so definitively?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    no, this is not like the flu shot.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Facts don't need your approval, bro.

Everything we know right now suggests that the COVID vaccine is far more effective than the Flu shot, mostly (I think) due to how the respective viruses mutate differently.

They are similar in that they need to be regularly taken (likely annually) but efficacy is far better for the COVID vaccine. Which hopefully means we can eradicate it.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Facts don't need your approval, bro.

Everything we know right now suggests that the COVID vaccine is far more effective than the Flu shot, mostly (I think) due to how the respective viruses mutate differently.
    Uh, you better get John Hopkins on the horn and tell them.

All-Conference
    This is going nowhere. You re confusing two different issues.

I am unconcerned about the actions of the grocery store clerk who I interact with for 5 mins while we are both masked. (Even if neither of us were masked and that person had COVID I would not be considered an exposure bc the length of time spent together was too short.)

I am concerned with the actions of a family member or a friend who I choose to spend significant time with socially while indoors and unmasked. That is ho I would want to tell me honestly what they've been up to.

I am talking on a completely personal level, nothing about stopping the spread or any other situation you've made up in your head that I said.
    You seem to not want to acknowledge that second-hand interactions aren't meaningful because you "do your best" with your own typical interactions. They are.

All-Conference
    They do not know this for sure yet, but early evidence suggests the vaccine is more effective than antibodies from actually getting COVID. Part of this is due to people wh had mild or no symptoms when they got COVID might not of built up many antibodies.

There is not enough evidence due to not enough time to know how long antibodies will last for either one. Not sure why you made your statement so definitively?
    Getting covid gives you natural anti-bodies - check
    Natural anti-bodies prevent you from getting covid thus preventing you from spreading it - check
    Vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting covid - check
    Vaccine prevents serious symptoms but doesn't prevent you from spreading it - check

Hmmm - one sounds better than the other.

There's enough evidence to say they don't know how long natural immunity lasts, but there is already enough is to know the vaccine is better after one month of giving it?

Again - hmmmm

You seem to not want to acknowledge that second-hand interactions aren't meaningful because you "do your best" with your own typical interactions. They are.
    People are getting COVID from people they spend time with for the most part. At home, at work, out socially, not a 5 min masked interaction with someone in the grocery store.