Page 387 of 763 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    I believe Waggy is correct. I'm pretty sure I've read that you will have to get the "vaccine" every year. Additionally, it is my understanding that the "vaccine" does not necessarily stop you from getting Covid, but will supposedly help reduce the symptoms.
    Ie, a flu shot. Same ol' shit, except blown way out of proportion.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I'm confused at what's confusing here. Are things that much different in Ohio?

I actually don't go to work, and my wife doesn't work at all. We go to the grocery store and limited other retail (pickup when we can). Mostly we hike and do things outdoors. I don't think that the fact that I'm lucky enough to be able to work from homes gives me the right to judge those who can't, although it may change how we interact with them.

We have a group we interact with in our neighborhood. We don't socialize indoors, but we do socialize outside and let the kids play without masks, etc. We hung out all summer and fall and we get together when we can in the winter. We know what everybody is doing. If someone does something risky like eat in a restaurant or stay in a hotel / air bnb.

"Hey everybody. It's nice weather this weekend. Want to get together with the kids for a beer or two around the Patio heater"
    "Friend 1: Sure, but we ate at a restaurant 4 days ago, is everyone OK with what?"

If someone exposed the group to COVID that they picked up during their normal course of life, no one would really care. If someone exposed the group to COVID because they went down the shore for the weekend and didn't mention it, people would probably be pissed.

It's about transparency, not necessarily risk.
    Nothing wrong with that - but there's NO WAY to know what all of the other million and millions of interaction scenarios could have occurred in what sounds like a pretty decent-sized group of people. Has anyone else interacted with anyone outside of that group that's been on vacation or to a concert or to a funeral? There's literally no way of knowing that information - and we all know the answer is likely yes.

It's not just your interaction with them - it's everyone's interaction with everyone else. IMPOSSIBLE to control.

If you're having the same amount of interaction as you say, then you're pretty much doing what most people are doing. So I don't understand where you're coming from, no.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    You don't want me to answer because you know there's no way to rationalize the ever-flowing cycle of spread. Stop trying to. It's a highly contagious pathogen, it spreads like fire. That's what it does, there's no stopping it except mass isolation (unrealistic) or immunity (in the works).

If you're that afraid, just stay home and control you.
    You are jumping to a completely different topic, that wasn't even what we were talking about and was unrelated to my questions. Please go ahead and answer my question.

I have never once said anything about stopping the spread.

We were having a very specific conversation about being honest with your actions with those you are spending time with socially if they care and ask.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Some vaccines do work straight on as it were, like polio.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Some vaccines do work straight on as it were, like polio.
    "Some" is not definitive. And I believe polio still exists in the world. Which really should tell everyone all they need to know.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    You are jumping to a completely different topic, that wasn't even what we were talking about and was unrelated to my questions. Please go ahead and answer my question.

I have never once said anything about stopping the spread.

We were having a very specific conversation about being honest with your actions with those you are spending time with socially if they care and ask.
    Once again - the point.

If you're honest about your own actions but have no clue clue about the interactions of those around you (which you will never know), isn't it kind of a moot point? It's literally a pointless discussion. You can do everything right and still get it.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Ie, a flu shot. Same ol' shit, except blown way out of proportion.
    no, this is not like the flu shot.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Once again - the point.

If you're honest about your own actions but have no clue clue about the interactions of those around you (which you will never know), isn't it kind of a moot point? It's literally a pointless discussion. You can do everything right and still get it.
    Or do everything wrong and not get it
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    "Some" is not definitive. And I believe polio still exists in the world. Which really should tell everyone all they need to know.
    man, I do not want to go down whatever rabbit hole you are trying to take us!

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Or do everything wrong and not get it
    very true.