Page 55 of 763 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

All-Conference
    So most of Ohio has been pretty much in self isolation for almost 2 weeks.

Is there any data yet to show that it's actually working? Is it still too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    So most of Ohio has been pretty much in self isolation for almost 2 weeks.

Is there any data yet to show that it's actually working? Is it still too soon?
    1122 cases in Wayne County, MI compared to 206 cases in Cuyahoga County, OH. Seems like pretty solid evidence.

Also, 48 cases in Hamilton County, OH compared to 226 cases in Marion County, IN.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    1122 cases in Wayne County, MI compared to 206 cases in Cuyahoga County, OH. Seems like pretty solid evidence.

Also, 48 cases in Hamilton County, OH compared to 226 cases in Marion County, IN.
    I guess that paints the picture somewhat, but I don't know that those data points really show if the curve is being bended in Ohio. Two different calculations one would think. Also doesn't take into account the amount of testing in each state.

I'd like to see a chart that shows how the interventions have impacted the Ohio curve vs. other states that didn't do as much, or perhaps started later.
    Last edited by drudy23; 03-26-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post

Until we know testing is being done in consistent manners, I am not sure how much we can read into the number of cases between states.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Hey guys, at this time I don't think there is out there any "accurate" statistic or any theory/medical strategy that can provide a solution with a high degree of certainty. SIMPLY THERE IS NONE. All I know is that, thus far, the best strategy is to prevent getting the virus. Because of the shortage of gloves, masks, antibacterial soap and the like, right now the best way to prevent COVID 19 is staying at home. We need to do that for your own sake, for those you love and for the well being of others. If we wait to act until we have accurate data, chances are the situation will get out of hand. Now is not too late. Why wait until it becomes too late.

Right now, must of us are becoming worried, impatient, even desperate because of the lack of financial resources, need to go see family, want to go out, need their normal life back, or whatever reason. Some, like me, have more than one of those reasons to become anxious. We all need to calm down and get a grasp of how we emotionally respond to this "war". This time, our enemy is not Russia, Iran, China, etc. with heavy armaments. It is a virus and, unfortunately, we do not fully understand its weapons. For those that need and look for some peace, here is a link to a service by Pastor Steven Furtick that helped me. I hope it helps someone because we need internal peace.

https://youtu.be/QgM-jiIfzIs
    Last edited by FIGHTING MUSKETEER; 03-26-2020 at 01:33 PM.
    May the X be with you....Quitting is never an option.

Italy will overtake China in number of confirmed cases sometime today or tomorrow.

The U.S. will shortly thereafter overtake Italy.

I guess that paints the picture somewhat, but I don't know that those data points really show if the curve is being bended in Ohio. Two different calculations one would think. Also doesn't take into account the amount of testing in each state.

I'd like to see a chart that shows how the interventions have impacted the Ohio curve vs. other states that didn't do as much, or perhaps started later.
    Michigan stopped reporting negative tests so we don’t have a good comparison. This article and graph however does shed some light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Michigan stopped reporting negative tests so we don’t have a good comparison. This article and graph however does shed some light.
    The differences in deaths (which is, unfortunately a pretty reliable stat) are about the same ratio as the difference in cases, so the difference in number of cases is probably pretty accurate there.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Until we know testing is being done in consistent manners, I am not sure how much we can read into the number of cases between states.
    Ohio has tested about 17,000 so far. Not sure how that compares to other states. 5% of people tested in Ohio have been positive.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    3/26 update:

867 cases
    223 hospitilizations
    91 in ICU
    15 deaths
    51 median age

25.7% of confirmed cases are in hospital. (or were, not sure if those are active or total)

I read somewhere else from a doc in a specific hospital on east coast that said 50% of their ICU patients were dying.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17