Page 34 of 763 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134534 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Supporting Member
    25.5 million out of 40 million. Anyone think that may be a little overestimate?

Throw out a crazy number and look like a hero when it's 1-2% of that number.

Quote Originally Posted by kmcrawfo View Post
    So, in summary, chloroquine appears to be effective at treating the coronavirus in vitro (i.e. in a test tube). Unfortunately, no controlled Studies have yet shown that it is able to treat the virus en Vivo which means actually inside a live person. However, case studies seem to be showing that it actually has the potential to be a inexpensive and effective treatment
    Dr. Kevin, thanks for checking in here. Your input is invaluable. This, indeed, would be a blessing. And Thanks to the Medical Community for jumping all over this in the great United States! We truly are the best.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Finally,
    So much publicity about California's Governor Newsom putting a Shelter in Place order. Uh, dude. You are about 4 days late from what Ohio's Governor Dewine has been on. Our Governor, while it may turn out to be overkill, has been a national leader in this thing. He deserves huge props.
    One again, except for being forced to pay taxes to support Clifton Community College, I am so proud and happy to be living in this State.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    25.5 million out of 40 million. Anyone think that may be a little overestimate?
    CA has basically 1,000 confirmed cases. I know its growing. How do you come up with 25 million?

China has REPORTED around 40,000 cases in total.

Anyone else thinking this is part of the PROBLEM? Scaring people without facts and data?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    CA has basically 1,000 confirmed cases. I know its growing. How do you come up with 25 million?

China has REPORTED around 40,000 cases in total.

Anyone else thinking this is part of the PROBLEM? Scaring people without facts and data?
    Projecting that half the population will get this is not ridiculous but is likely an overestimate. There will not be any way to disprove this either as there’s no way they will be able to test even remotely close to this many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Projecting that half the population will get this is not ridiculous but is likely an overestimate. There will not be any way to disprove this either as there’s no way they will be able to test even remotely close to this many people.
    Fair point. But clearly was communicated to scare people into isolation and social distancing. What I fear with this kind of over reach is inducing panic.

Fair point. But clearly was communicated to scare people into isolation and social distancing. What I fear with this kind of over reach is inducing panic.
    If it panics them into their homes and away from other people then I’m ok with that.

Junior
    Hell yes it's inducing panic. There are places where people are going to their banks and withdrawing all their money. And worst of all guns and ammo sales. I'm certain there will be shootings over food or other supplies. Last Saturday here in Indy a guy pulled a gun on another customer at a Costco, over an item both wanted. This is insanity. And the virus is affecting less than 1% of the pop. Not killing less than1%, just affecting less than 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Hell yes it's inducing panic. There are places where people are going to their banks and withdrawing all their money. And worst of all guns and ammo sales. I'm certain there will be shootings over food or other supplies. Last Saturday here in Indy a guy pulled a gun on another customer at a Costco, over an item both wanted. This is insanity. And the virus is affecting less than 1% of the pop. Not killing less than1%, just affecting less than 1%.
    So if you don’t mind me asking: are you personally making any changes or social distancing due to this? Do you really think that when this is all said and done that it will only affect a small % of the population?

Confirmed cases <<<<<< Actual cases at this point as we have little access to testing.