Page 233 of 763 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Last week when I last added up the death toll of the 5 counties that make the 2.5 mil population of the Sacramento region, the number was exactly 100 covid deaths. There has probably been a few more since then, ....but "pandemic" my ass. Wearing a mask is unhealthy individually, and corporately.
    And idiots like this are why we won’t be at Cintas this fall and winter.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

In March the virus was already in every corner of the world. Any possibility of containment ended months before then.

The estimated number of abortions a day in the US? 3000.

Walmart is opening 160 drive-ins on their parking lots.
    I'd like for one of them to be in the Burg.
    Guess they somehow stream the sound to your phone or car speakers. Can't imagine them putting up the old hanging speakers for each car.
    Anyway, would be nice to have one.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Walmart is opening 160 drive-ins on their parking lots.
    I'd like for one of them to be in the Burg.
    Guess they somehow stream the sound to your phone or car speakers. Can't imagine them putting up the old hanging speakers for each car.
    Anyway, would be nice to have one.
    Just went to a drive-in for the first time a couple of weekends ago. It was awesome....15 dollars a car and concessions were much cheaper than at the theater. The sound played thru a frequency on the radio. It was pretty cool to watch jaws and et on the big screen

Last week when I last added up the death toll of the 5 counties that make the 2.5 mil population of the Sacramento region, the number was exactly 100 covid deaths. There has probably been a few more since then, ....but "pandemic" my ass. Wearing a mask is unhealthy individually, and corporately.
    Wearing a mask around people just isn't a big deal. Jesus! Just keep it in your pocket until you might need it. It is no big F'ing deal. Damn. America is full of Knuckleheads.
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member
    In March the virus was already in every corner of the world. Any possibility of containment ended months before then.

The estimated number of abortions a day in the US? 3000.
    This is indeed a travesty, but irrelevant to the topic. That is unless you're saying it's OK to not wear a mask because that will kill less people than abortions. Is that your position?
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Was in Costco today, and everyone had a mask on (store policy).

Which just caused me to think how crazy the world has become.
    How did wearing a mask to protect others and yourself from disease...become political?
    That's just absolutely nuts.
    It's not taking anyone's "freedom" away. It's not liberal or conservative. No more than wearing suntan lotion to prevent cancer.
    Or getting vaccinated to prevent polio, hepatitis, or other lethal diseases.

I'm too old for this shit.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Was in Costco today, and everyone had a mask on (store policy).

Which just caused me to think how crazy the world has become.
    How did wearing a mask to protect others and yourself from disease...become political?
    That's just absolutely nuts.
    It's not taking anyone's "freedom" away. It's not liberal or conservative. No more than wearing suntan lotion to prevent cancer.
    Or getting vaccinated to prevent polio, hepatitis, or other lethal diseases.

I'm too old for this shit.
    Whole Foods limits capacity and requires a mask. If you don’t have one, they give you one. You may have to wait outside for a while. People get inside.....then take the mask off. If nothing else, you owe it to the staff and cashiers, not to mention the other shoppers. Not playing by the rules is a sign of a selfish person. I’d like to see them ejected from the store. Believe what you want, but you knew the rules coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    This is indeed a travesty, but irrelevant to the topic. That is unless you're saying it's OK to not wear a mask because that will kill less people than abortions. Is that your position?

Total deaths in all of Ohio is less than 3000. If that qualifies as a pandemic for you I can't help you.