Page 385 of 763 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    So he has a problem with his family doing it, but has no problem with strangers doing it?

LOL ok buddy - how stupid.
    Yes, this is not hard to follow, you can't be this dense.

His issue is his family doing those things and lying about them to his parents and spending times with his parents.

Please try and keep up.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa now. This is big news if medicine was actually able to cure something and not build in ways of prolonging it. It's called medical PRACTICE for a reason..
    I have no idea what this means or what you are trying to imply.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I really don't get the whole "Screw it, let's just let COVID have it's way with us" approach. I supposed surrendering to inevitably and casting yourself upon the hands of fate is a great way of rationalizing it when you'd rather not continue to alter your life.

We have an (essentially) 100% effective vaccine in record time. What science has done here is really pretty amazing.
    covid IS having its way with us - for real?

How many millions upon millions have been careful and contracted it? Probably MOST of them.

You play with the hands of fate every day you wake up, and mostly, at a higher risk of dying than you would from covid - look it up. It blatantly blows my mind how utterly uneducated and fearful people are about their risks with covid when compared to everyday risks they have no problem taking.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Exactly most people have to do things everyday that put them at risk and the majority are doing things they don't have to do that is also putting them at risk. No issue there. People have to decide what risk they are willing to take for themselves. And as long as someone who is less risky who you want to spend time with knows what risks you are taking and is ok with them as well then spend time with whoever you like.
    So we all take risk analyses before we're allowed to interact? Huh?

Sounds good in writing, but it's simply not practical to do that with every interaction.

covid IS having its way with us - for real?

How many millions upon millions have been careful and contracted it? Probably MOST of them.

You play with the hands of fate every day you wake up, and mostly, at a higher risk of dying than you would from covid - look it up. It blatantly blows my mind how utterly uneducated and fearful people are about their risks with covid when compared to everyday risks they have no problem taking.
    Don't worry about COVID because you might die in a car accident? Is this what you are going with? Really?

I have no idea what this means or what you are trying to imply.
    Modern medicine would often rather treat symptoms than find cures. I've already seen statements, I believe in this very thread, that the "vaccine" is only good for like 8 months.

So we all take risk analyses before we're allowed to interact? Huh?

Sounds good in writing, but it's simply not practical to do that with every interaction.
    No every interaction, but the important(in terms of exposure) ones that aren't necessary. It is VERY easy to do that.

I'm not talking vetting the grocery store clerk before checking out. C'mon.

All-Conference
    Yes, this is not hard to follow, you can't be this dense.

His issue is his family doing those things and lying about them to his parents and spending times with his parents.

Please try and keep up.
    So is booze completely isolating himself from every single person in the world? If so, then fine. But I seriously doubt that is happening.

I bet booze goes to the grocery store. I bet he goes to work. I bet he goes to the pharmacy. I bet he interacts with other people. Is he not putting those people into the same risk category as he would his parents? Is he mad at himself for potentially infecting a stranger at Kroger or CVS?

We're all at risk of giving this to someone else, even if we follow the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Modern medicine would often rather treat symptoms than find cures. I've already seen statements, I believe in this very thread, that the "vaccine" is only good for like 8 months.
    I don't believe I have seen that about the vaccine, that was about natural antibodies which are thought to last 3-8 months at least.

All-Conference
    No every interaction, but the important(in terms of exposure) ones that aren't necessary. It is VERY easy to do that.

I'm not talking vetting the grocery store clerk before checking out. C'mon.
    But there's no difference.

Does that grocery clerk not have a mother? A daughter?