Page 382 of 763 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Sophomore
    I can post several studies that show the opposite.

But I don't need a study to tell me that masks don't work. The proof is in the pudding. 57% of the US population has had covid - that is 100% proof of the complete failure of masks at protecting against covid.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post

But I don't need a study to tell me that masks don't work. The proof is in the pudding. 57% of the US population has had covid - that is 100% proof of the complete failure of masks at protecting against covid.
    you are beyond obtuse. 100% of the population are not wearing masks 24/7. If they were, which admittedly is not possible (for a multitude of reasons), then you could say the stupid thing you said above. Masks are all part of a mitigation effort to slow spread, and to help numbers, they are not a zero sum game. I guess you just think it is all part of a government conspiracy which is ridiculous. The lockdown thing, I can certainly see the argument against that for numerous reasons.

All-Conference
    Nothing "works" against a highly contagious pathogen - that's why they cause pandemics.

Mitigation is part of managing it as best as you can.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Do it.

Post 6 real studies (like I did) that show masks dont help in limiting the spread.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Do it.

Post 6 real studies (like I did) that show masks dont help in limiting the spread.
    Now you've done it....here comes a bunch of twitter links and government conspiracy "news" sources.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Now you've done it....here comes a bunch of twitter links and government conspiracy "news" sources.
    Ha, that is why I thre in the word "real", but I know to him that doesnt mean what it does to the rest of us.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    you are beyond obtuse. 100% of the population are not wearing masks 24/7. If they were, which admittedly is not possible (for a multitude of reasons), then you could say the stupid thing you said above. Masks are all part of a mitigation effort to slow spread, and to help numbers, they are not a zero sum game. I guess you just think it is all part of a government conspiracy which is ridiculous. The lockdown thing, I can certainly see the argument against that for numerous reasons.
    Obtuse? 57%.... who's obtuse now?

BTW, I thought you put me on ignore? Are you officially stalking me? I guess if I said the Reds won the 1975 World Series you would also accuse me of making that up as well.

Among the samples collected without a face mask, we found that the majority of participants with influenza virus and coronavirus infection did not shed detectable virus in respiratory droplets or aerosols, whereas for rhinovirus we detected virus in aerosols in 19 of 34 (56%) participants (compared to 4 of 10 (40%) for coronavirus and 8 of 23 (35%) for influenza). For those who did shed virus in respiratory droplets and aerosols, viral load in both tended to be low (Fig. 1). Given the high collection efficiency of the G-II (ref. 19) and given that each exhaled breath collection was conducted for 30 min, this might imply that prolonged close contact would be required for transmission to occur, even if transmission was primarily via aerosols, as has been described for rhinovirus colds20. Our results also indicate that there could be considerable heterogeneity in contagiousness of individuals with coronavirus and influenza virus infections.

Do it.

I posted 3 from from legitimate medical sources a couple weeks ago.

Hopefully no one here thinks that Covid 19 can be stopped. Every trained medical person should know that once it infected more than like 6 people in China it was game over for containment. So at this point is slowing the spread really the best thing anyway?

IMO it's the proverbial, the medicine is worse than the cure.

These graphs don't prove masks work. The authors don't even state a conclusion.

I love when the they use big percentage of increase though. 400% of a penny is still only a nickel..

Quote Originally Posted by tacopizza885 View Post
    I am so there with you. The frustration is unbearable. If you want to walk out in traffic, on a busy street, feel free to do so. If you are taking my loved ones with you, prepare for some backlash. I hope you and your family are doing well. Many of us have tried so hard to keep our families safe.... only to be undermined by jackasses.

For those that are threatening "karma" and Jesus's wrath:

https://www.facebook.com/ABC7NY/vide...6677352816816/

https://youtu.be/k0xo6h0sbV0
    Thank you. My folks tested negative, and have decided not to have anymore in-person contact with my siblings for a while. It seems this was a bit of a wake up call as they were pretty freaked out. They also found out through the course of this that my brothers and sisters were not being nearly as careful as they had told my parents whey were being - eating in restaurants, going to the gym, regularly socializing indoors with different groups of people etc.

Anybody who has a problem with me having a problem with this can eat shit.
    Eat Donuts!