Page 10 of 763 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I'd say you are under appreciating the "difference" compared to the flu.

I'm not saying anyone should completely change their life but if you do have loved ones who you are around on a regular basis that fall in that riskier group I would say it is probably smart for you to at least change some aspects of your life.

Would you go on a cruise right now?
    Hell no I'm not going on a cruise. 1.) I find cruises stupid 2.) I dont want to be stuck on a ship for three weeks when I only paid for one :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Democrats believe their news sources and Republicans believe their news sources.... Listening to Rush and Trump spew out information that it is just like a typical flu season likely impacts the Republicans option, just as CNN showing nonstop video of panic and people proclaiming massive amounts of death may impact the Democrats opinion. It goes both ways, which is quite obvious.
    And the reality is somewhere between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    If I had to guess, I'd say lack of testing has a lot to do with places like india and africa not reporting many cases. if the US is having the kind of trouble testing people, i'd have to imagine it's even more difficult for those countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Democrats believe their news sources and Republicans believe their news sources.... Listening to Rush and Trump spew out information that it is just like a typical flu season likely impacts the Republicans option, just as CNN showing nonstop video of panic and people proclaiming massive amounts of death may impact the Democrats opinion. It goes both ways, which is quite obvious.
    A good way to put it. People are sheep and it only has gotten worse with social media. Nothing like trying to find people who they agree with vs actually doing a little digging.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    If I had to guess, I'd say lack of testing has a lot to do with places like india and africa not reporting many cases. if the US is having the kind of trouble testing people, i'd have to imagine it's even more difficult for those countries.
    We were just late to the game because there was not approval from the CDC to develop this. Today in Cleveland here at the clinic the quickest turnaround time is now 8 hours. Which is pretty good. University of Washington has a test that is also a quick turnaround in similar time. This was developed in less than 2 weeks (10 days to be exact). If there was authorization and direction to develop this test 6 weeks ago the availability to detect and diagnose this would be light years ahead and the panic level would probably be lower. Our government f’d up big time. Testing is more widely available but health care facilities still need better direction from the CDC to allow a test to be run. There should not be labs sitting on their hands waiting for tests to come in... yet there are.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    A good way to put it. People are sheep and it only has gotten worse with social media. Nothing like trying to find people who they agree with vs actually doing a little digging.
    I just think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion much like everything else in our world lately. H1n1 was ten years ago and up to this point was more deadly and the narrative was everyone just stay calm...now its freak out, panic, change your lives. The "media" and social media fucking sucks I'm sorry

Just look up 1968 flu pandemic. Killed 1 million people worldwide. I wasn't alive then, but I don't think the world went crazy nuts.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I just think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion much like everything else in our world lately. H1n1 was ten years ago and up to this point was more deadly and the narrative was everyone just stay calm...now its freak out, panic, change your lives. The "media" and social media fucking sucks I'm sorry
    I get the media and social media hype things and overreact but it isnt social media that cancelled the NCAA tournament or told universities across the country to close or told big companies to suspend their corporate travel. I mean these decisions are made based on the expertise and judgement of medical professionals. So I dont get people blaming media hype for that.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

[QUOTE=Xville;670493] H1n1 was ten years ago and up to this point was more deadly and the narrative was everyone just stay calm...now its freak out, panic, change your lives. [\QUOTE]

Agree with this as well. Remember back when a lady who worked for me had a neighbor who’s daughter past from H1N1 in 2009 (by they way, related strain to the Spanish flu that killed 50 to 80 million) and was the same age as my daughter at the time which scared the hell out of me.

I try to put things in perspective like some, but what we read makes it incredibly difficult. Like I said earlier and for the most part press has and always will paint the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Just look up 1968 flu pandemic. Killed 1 million people worldwide. I wasn't alive then, but I don't think the world went crazy nuts.
    That's probably why 1 million people died.