Page 621 of 763 FirstFirst ... 121521571611619620621622623631671721 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,210 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Yes, but:
    - Walenski did state back in March that the vaccinated were shown to not be carrying the virus. So that expectation was set, and many still believe that to be the case.
    - You have to admit the optics of changing the definition are very poor.
    First of all, the optics coming out of CDC and NIH have been abhorrent for 19 months. Changing the definition was long over due but timing looks bad. So yes…

Ironically, we have been describing flu vaccine as giving protection (vs immunity) against the flu for years. Yet people understand this, consider me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    This is off base… feel free to expand on this.
    Off base in what way?

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Is that your answer to my question in regard to state governments requiring children be vaccinated to attend public schools?
    No, I don't think states should require children to get the vaccine to attend public schools. See how that works..ask question...answer question. Now for the 5th time I'll pose this question to you: Do you think Americans should have a choice as to whether to get the vaccine or should it be government mandated with consequences?
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    By the way, you're not supposed to capitalize dayton when referencing me. Or ever for that matter. ;-)
    Public reps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by principal View Post
    Off base in what way?
    Any way really

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    No, I don't think states should require children to get the vaccine to attend public schools. See how that works..ask question...answer question. Now for the 5th time I'll pose this question to you: Do you think Americans should have a choice as to whether to get the vaccine or should it be government mandated with consequences?
    Your question is not phrased in a way that allows for a direct answer.
    Do I think states should be able to mandate vaccines for children to attend public schools? Yes I do.
    Do you still have a "choice?" Well, sure, you can choose not to have your child vaccinated, and send them to a private school that doesn't require vaccines.
    Actually, in Ohio, even that may not work. I think all schools are required to have children vaccinated.
    Maybe home school?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Your question is not phrased in a way that allows for a direct answer.
    Do I think states should be able to mandate vaccines for children to attend public schools? Yes I do.
    Do you still have a "choice?" Well, sure, you can choose not to have your child vaccinated, and send them to a private school that doesn't require vaccines.
    Actually, in Ohio, even that may not work. I think all schools are required to have children vaccinated.
    Maybe home school?
    Great, so if home schooling is the choice the parents should be reimbursed part of their taxes, correct?
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Great, so if home schooling is the choice the parents should be reimbursed part of their taxes, correct?
    Yeah just like I should since I send my kids to private school.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Yeah just like I should since I send my kids to private school.
    You would in my County in the form of a voucher.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    You would in my County in the form of a voucher.
    Strange little aside, but on my birthday next month I turn 62 and the school board portion of the tax bill goes away. Neighbors tell us it’s about 2/3 of the tax bill so we’ll save over $5k. Not a bad BDay present.

I don’t mind paying for education. In fact, it’s one of the best things I can pay for, IMO. I guess they get everybody to pay at some point, then they just make the numbers work.