Page 444 of 763 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446454494544 ... LastLast
Results 4,431 to 4,440 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Here is an article that sums up my situation perfectly. Talks about 2 people who have the exact same diagnosis I have and even quotes the immunologist I see once a year in NYC and consult with throughout the year. Good read if anyone is interested.

This quote from my immunologist is biggest takeaway to me for people who don't understand how getting vaccinated does help your neighbors as well as yourself, which one poster here seemed to argue against/not understand.

“People like Mr. Lotito depend on those around them choosing to be vaccinated to keep the virus at bay, Dr. Cunningham-Rundles said.
    “You’re hoping that your entire family members and all your close colleagues are going to go out and get some shot, and they’re going to be protecting you with herd immunity,” she said. “That’s what you have to start with.””

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/15/h...-wQ0YGN71q3Z3Q

I have been very lucky and thankful that those in my family and my co-workers and some close friends either have been or are getting vaccinated.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 04-18-2021 at 01:00 PM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Here is an article that sums up my situation perfectly. Talks about 2 people who have the exact same diagnosis I have and even quotes the immunologist I see once a year in NYC and consult with throughout the year. Good read if anyone is interested.

This quote from my immunologist is biggest takeaway to me for people who don't understand how getting vaccinated does help your neighbors as well as yourself, which one poster here seemed to argue against/not understand.

“People like Mr. Lotito depend on those around them choosing to be vaccinated to keep the virus at bay, Dr. Cunningham-Rundles said.
    “You’re hoping that your entire family members and all your close colleagues are going to go out and get some shot, and they’re going to be protecting you with herd immunity,” she said. “That’s what you have to start with.””

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/15/h...-wQ0YGN71q3Z3Q

I have been very lucky and thankful that those in my family and my co-workers and some close friends either have been or are getting vaccinated.
    What ever happened to self-reliance and taking care of yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    What ever happened to self-reliance and taking care of yourself?
    Ha, perfect response from you.

What was Jesus' message again? Oh yeah, "take care of youself asshole, Imma do me!"

"I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

And to be clear, that is what I am doing, taking care of myself. I have no problem not seeing friends or family who choose not to get vaccinated unless I see them outside socially distanced. And like I said I am lucky all my co workers got the vaccine, so I am good at work. And as shitty as it is, there will be things I wont be able to do, like go to Xavier games even when fans back allowed, until cases drop to non significant numbers.

With that response you either didn't read the article or you are just a dick. Imagine telling a former cancer patient, who's immune system has been ravaged by meds, who is trying to educate people how getting vaccinated does help them, to rely/take care of themselves and piss off.

Ha, perfect response from you.

What was Jesus' message again? Oh yeah, "take care of youself asshole, Imma do me!"

I’d like to know what % of the pop is truly anti vaccine and isn’t going to get one?

Wonder if it wouldn’t be an issue if people weren’t being told what to do and self important people weren’t virtue signaling so much. Just make the how to out there there for awareness, stopping bugging people about it and this quickly becomes a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    I’d like to know what % of the pop is truly anti vaccine and isn’t going to get one?

Wonder if it wouldn’t be an issue if people weren’t being told what to do and self important people weren’t virtue signaling so much. Just make the how to out there there for awareness, stopping bugging people about it and this quickly becomes a non issue.
    My thoughts on that:

1. I think relatively speaking true anti-vaxx people is low but increasing.

2. Do you feel people are being told what to do when it comes to the vaccine? Do you feel that is what I was doing with my post? I think they are with masks, I don't see that as the case with the vaccine. Stores can and are kicking people out who don't mask, that isn't the case with the vaccine.

3. If your thoughts are right, that is a said state of affairs wouldn't you agree? Education about the importance of the vaccine and how it helps you and others shouldnt trigger an F you, I am not getting it response.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    21%

The survey showed stark divisions along party lines over vaccine hesitancy. Forty-three percent of registered Republicans said they would not get a shot, compared with 22 percent of independents and 5 percent of Democrats.
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...9-vaccine-poll
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Oh yeah, just speaking about purely COVID-19 vaccine the anti-vaccine people are much higher than true all encompassed anti-vaxx people that I think is relatively low. But I guess my orginal answer wasn't answering the right question since we are obviously only talking about the CVOID vaccine.

My thoughts on that:

1. I think relatively speaking true anti-vaxx people is low but increasing.

2. Do you feel people are being told what to do when it comes to the vaccine? Do you feel that is what I was doing with my post? I think they are with masks, I don't see that as the case with the vaccine. Stores can and are kicking people out who don't mask, that isn't the case with the vaccine.

3. If your thoughts are right, that is a said state of affairs wouldn't you agree? Education about the importance of the vaccine and how it helps you and others shouldnt trigger an F you, I am not getting it response.
    1. I agree, not sure if its increasing or the coverage/shaming is.
    2. Not told but shamed and harassed. No, not you or your post.
    3. The F you comes from the shaming and virtue signaling. And people being sick of masks/lock downs plays a part. Especially when some say the getting the vax may not open things up.

I’d like to look at the sample sizes of each group. The number of Rs doesn’t seem right and I don’t want to comment with any sort of belief without knowing the relative samples and socio-economic/educational demographics. If consistent across the political spectrum those numbers would be surprising.