Page 270 of 763 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    It looks like uncited data from a guy who runs a Buckeyes sports podcast?
    Wait. Are you saying this guy may not be credible about a pandemic? A Buckeye sports podcaster?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

OK then. Here's an idea.
    We're in the middle of a pandemic. Let's change the in-place (for years) reporting system of hospitals, and bring in a (maybe) no bid contract for one of the president's friends.
    Maybe the numbers will look better.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/29/89664..._medium=social

We almost had a national strategy and plan for testing and dealing with the virus.
    It was mapped out and perhaps would have had a chance at greatly reducing the deaths we have experienced.
    It was cancelled at the last minute by Trump, and it was decided to let the states handle it.
    One of the calculations was that it would be politically beneficial, because blue states were (at that time) the hardest hit.

I am having a lot of trouble getting my mind around the inhumanity of that calculation.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...-into-thin-air

Someone can correct me if I got bad info, but I just read that Sweden was the only western country that had an economy that grew last quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    We almost had a national strategy and plan for testing and dealing with the virus.
    It was mapped out and perhaps would have had a chance at greatly reducing the deaths we have experienced.
    It was cancelled at the last minute by Trump, and it was decided to let the states handle it.
    One of the calculations was that it would be politically beneficial, because blue states were (at that time) the hardest hit.

I am having a lot of trouble getting my mind around the inhumanity of that calculation.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...-into-thin-air
    I've lived in this country my entire life, and I find this very easy to get my head around. Like it or not, that's how a lot of people roll here.

If it's not my problem, then it's not a problem. If it's a problem for those who are in opposition to me, then it is a benefit. That's how many in the United States have always looked at things. Trump claims to be a businessman, and he is by no means the first businessman to look at his competition and think 'How can I eliminate my competition?' rather than 'How can we successfully coexist?'

I'd really like to see that change, but I'm not overly optimistic that it ever will.
    Last edited by xubrew; 07-31-2020 at 12:10 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Someone can correct me if I got bad info, but I just read that Sweden was the only western country that had an economy that grew last quarter.
    That may be for the first quarter of the year, when they grew 1/10th of 1 %.

I believe the forecast for the second quarter is a contraction.

If hydroxychloroquine actually works, then Trump needs to immediately come out and say that it does not work. That way, people will start to trust it.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    If hydroxychloroquine actually works, then Trump needs to immediately come out and say that it does not work. That way, people will start to trust it.
    Enough of the political crap dude. If hydroxychloroquine actually does work, medical professionals need to come out and say that it works. Trust the professionals, not the political hack jobs in Washington.

You may want to specify WHICH medical professionals should come out and say that it works....

I think I'll trust the one who has demons having sex with people during their dreams.

Maybe that'll spice up this quarantine thing some (if I don't tell mrspaulxu).