Page 264 of 763 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    This gives us reason to be optimistic. In six months, we will know whether or not the vaccine can work for six months!

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...ovid-19-begins
    Apparently the Pharma execs are very optimistic... about making money now:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/business/cor...ucing-n1235022
    If my company really is about to develop a vaccine for the Tony Mandarich virus (look it up kids), I’m holding.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

This is a study that tested COVID patients with molecular and antibody testing after recovery. There were 9 patients that continued to test positive with the molecular test, and the specimen was then tested for viral activity, which was negative. This confirms the thought that the false positives after recovery are due to residual viral genetic material that is not due to active viral infection, and their transmission risk is considered low.

They also tested titers of antibodies to determine what should constitute immunity, which is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    This is a study that tested COVID patients with molecular and antibody testing after recovery. There were 9 patients that continued to test positive with the molecular test, and the specimen was then tested for viral activity, which was negative. This confirms the thought that the false positives after recovery are due to residual viral genetic material that is not due to active viral infection, and their transmission risk is considered low.

They also tested titers of antibodies to determine what should constitute immunity, which is interesting.
    I didn't understand all of that, but I understood most of it and it sounds encouraging?
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I didn't understand all of that, but I understood most of it and it sounds encouraging?
    Yea pretty much that retesting using a PCR test (nasal swab) after a positive test is pointless and has little to no bearing on whether that person is contagious. It’s not really a new concept, just confirming a hypothesis for the most part. Also this makes any policy requiring a negative test before returning to employment (or school) pointless and possibly detrimental.

I think testing titers belongs in a different forum. Maybe one that charges admission.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I think testing titers belongs in a different forum. Maybe one that charges admission.
    Somewhere Nuts is feeling the need to post pictures!
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

As other countries face renewed outbreaks, Sweden’s latest Covid-19 figures suggest it’s rapidly bringing the virus under control.

“That Sweden has come down to these levels is very promising,” state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell told reporters in Stockholm on Tuesday.

The Health Agency of Sweden says that since hitting a peak in late June, the infection rate has fallen sharply. That’s amid an increase in testing over the period. “The curves are going down and the curves for the seriously ill are beginning to approach zero,” Tegnell said.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...w-cases-plunge

Have we fixed COVID yet?
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Have we fixed COVID yet?
    Yep, it's over. Go maskless and hug a stranger.

Have we fixed COVID yet?
    Since their last report on 7/20, the NBA has had zero positive tests in their bubble. Now, they’re in Florida which is a bit of a hot mess right now but if they keep their bubble intact they are looking good, although very early in the process.

Why can’t MLB and the NFL do this on a larger scale? They are going to look silly if the NBA is successful and they don’t implement something similar.