Page 321 of 763 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    France is absolutely blowing up, by the way. Not sure what the deal is there.
    They are the country of love and that leads to more cases.....
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Supporting Member
    France is absolutely blowing up, by the way. Not sure what the deal is there.
    Not sure how, but it's definitely trump's fault.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Are you denying that Trump has trashed his science team on covid (here's a link to help you remember: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d61_story.html), or that Trump is a climate change denier in spite of the overwhelming scientific consensus that climate change is occurring? And please tell me how your last sentence in your original post isn't to be read as trashing science...like your hero in the WH does.
    Thank you for further illustrating msm and your tds. Maybe listen to what he actually said/says and understand, rather than letting places like the washington post jump to conclusions that fit their narrative.

Btw, he's not my hero and I'm not voting for him nor biden for that matter.
    Last edited by Xville; 10-27-2020 at 11:33 AM.

One thing I would love to see with the daily news reports of new cases is the percent who tested positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    One thing I would love to see with the daily news reports of new cases is the percent who tested positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can get that data from this source - you'll have to do a little math to get that percentage:

https://covidtracking.com/data/national

I just did a graph showing percent of new cases to total tests. That rate has been trending in the 5-8% range since early May - most of that time within the 5-6% range. It was 5.4% yesterday.

So, yes, "cases" are rising because testing is rising.

Also, and more importantly, deaths have remained flat since mid-May - while "cases" rise. See charts 4 and 6:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/d...y=OWID_WRL+USA

You know that if a person takes a test, and is positive but asymptomatic, that's a good thing...not a bad thing.

A person like that can be advised that are carrying the virus and hopefully not spread it to his family/friends/others.
    If we had contact tracing in place, we could see where he might have got it and help others.

Why anyone would think testing is not beneficial is well beyond me.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I don't THINK (definitely not 100% sure on that) anyone is arguing against testing. Merely pointing out that perhaps we don't actually have more cases now than we had previously. Instead, we're just discovering more of the cases now that there is more testing than we did previously.

I don't THINK (definitely not 100% sure on that) anyone is arguing against testing. Merely pointing out that perhaps we don't actually have more cases now than we had previously. Instead, we're just discovering more of the cases now that there is more testing than we did previously.
    Stop with the logic. No place for it here...
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

I'm primarily interested in 2 numbers: Hospitalizations and deaths. Hospitalizations are trending upward along with cases, which suggests to me that the issue is more than just increased testing - although increased testing is clearly a major factor in increased confirmed cases.

Deaths have thus far stayed relatively flat, which is a good thing. To me that suggests either (1) better treatment (2) younger average age of new COVID cases, or (3) most likely a combination of both.

It's certainly not as bad as the overall case numbers suggest, but I do think it's probably heading in the wrong direction to some degree. That's of course being exacerbated by the fact that most people hate Trump, and the fact that his administration can't manage a message to save their lives.
    Eat Donuts!

"Meanwhile, despite having the highest rate of tests per capita, the U.S. faces the largest outbreak in the world and new cases continue to trend upwards in many states." - Johns Hopkins 10/27/2020
    2023 Sweet 16