Page 231 of 763 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331731 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    How about getting shitfaced drunk at a Senior Frogs? Is that OK?
    If that's Senor Frogs...the answer is yes.

Then of course I find out the people in Pittsburgh can't spell:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...5643192176039/
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

How about getting shitfaced drunk at a Senior Frogs? Is that OK?
    That is certainly an option worth considering.

The only one I’ve been to was in Cozumel. I’ll grant you that it was a hot day, but our teenage boys declared “one block of Mexico looks just like the next.” The revolt was on! My wife had heard the water/ice at Carlos and Charlie’s was safe and they had A/C , so we dropped in on the way back to the docks and she ordered a Daiquiri. It came in a giant fishbowl! Then she got another....and she rarely drinks any alcohol. On the way back to the ship she heard “braid your hair, pretty lady?” We’ll never know if that epic headache was the alcohol, the wife being “tenda headed” or some combination. They all went back to the ship, I sat at Senor Frogs until departure time. I was technically in Cozumel, and the service was a little too good, if you know what I mean. Everyone was pissy at some point that day, but now it’s a memory we all laugh at.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    If that's Senor Frogs...the answer is yes.

Then of course I find out the people in Pittsburgh can't spell:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...5643192176039/
    Apparently autocorrect will change Senor Frogs to Senior Frogs. Although the latter would be a great idea for some of those huge retirement communities in Florida and Arizona.
    Eat Donuts!

From the XU twitter:

"Don’t be ashamed to wear a mask in public. Some people wear UC shirts in public."

Junior
    I have no issue wearing the mask as some would say it's a marked improvement in my overall appearance. Wear the damn mask people. My wife, son (15) and I got a test this morning. I have to have a procedure done next week and my son plays for St. X. They just had a kid test positive. I think we'll all be negative but that's why you get the test. It's not especially fun but it's not painful. Can't imagine having to do it all the time tho like front line folks. Wear the mask!
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by KabeX View Post
    I have no issue wearing the mask as some would say it's a marked improvement in my overall appearance. Wear the damn mask people. My wife, son (15) and I got a test this morning. I have to have a procedure done next week and my son plays for St. X. They just had a kid test positive. I think we'll all be negative but that's why you get the test. It's not especially fun but it's not painful. Can't imagine having to do it all the time tho like front line folks. Wear the mask!
    It seems like a pretty easy way to slow the spread of this thing so that we can all get back to living normal lives. I'm not sure why it's become such a divisive issue.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Most of the MSM talked about the covid dangers of the protests. It was pretty obvious that a covid spike would very likely be generated by the protests, just like those being generated by "reopened churches, restaurants and beaches", not to mention bars. You apparently would give a pass to the covid effects of the reopenings you mention, so consistency demands that you also give a pass to the protest effects. Your hypocrisy is stunning.
    You miss the point. Those on the right aren't condemning the protests for corona reasons. We are just miffed, once again, how the media and the left loudly complain about reopening businesses and the Trump rally, but then say, very little, if anything, about these protests spreading corona. As always, there's no standard like a double standard.
    Last edited by XU 87; 07-01-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Supporting Member
    It seems like a pretty easy way to slow the spread of this thing so that we can all get back to living normal lives. I'm not sure why it's become such a divisive issue.
    Because we lack national leadership:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...measure-2020-6
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    You miss the point. Those on the right aren't condemning the protests for corona reasons. We are just miffed, once again, how the media and the left loudly complain about reopening businesses and the Trump rally, but then say, very little, if anything, about these protests spreading corona. As always, there's no standard like a double standard.
    See post 2299. The MSM did indeed talk about the covid dangers associated with the protests.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    See post 2299. The MSM did indeed talk about the covid dangers associated with the protests.
    Would you say the protests (which were much more widespread) received more or less scrutiny than Trump's lone rally in regards to spreading Covid?

In terms of sheer numbers, the protests created 1000x the risk of covid spreading than Trump,s one rally did. In a fair media, the protesters/rioters should have been vilified nationally for being socially irresponsible while we're in the jaws of a pandemic. That certainly didn't happen
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo