Page 316 of 763 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    I disagree with the whole premise that wearing masks is the overall most healthful thing for the population at large. Developing immunities is a needful thing.
    Who said it was the MOST healthful thing? MANY actions are needed. Wash your hands. Don’t sneeze on people. The list is long, but wearing a mask indoors with people is at or near the top. I ask you (the science denier) this: if it even MIGHT help, why would you NOT do it? I want an answer, and you refuse to provide one.

Help yourself by being open to the obvious.

Now science (CDC, Fauci, etc) says it DOES help, but even if it’s just a maybe (which it’s not), why would you be so stubborn?

Why? Tell us why.

FYI - I always laughed on the inside at people who wiped down their groceries carts in advance pre-Covid. I believe in a workout for the immune system. Our kids always got us sick when they went back to school. We lived in Florida and everyone got sick when the germs came down fron the north in the winter.

THIS is different. Time to be smart and I’m not risking others by being unreasonable.
    Last edited by xu82; 10-13-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Who said it was the MOST healthful thing? MANY actions are needed. Wash your hands. Don’t sneeze on people. The list is long, but wearing a mask indoors with people is at or near the top. I ask you (the science denier) this: if it even MIGHT help, why would you not do it? I want an answer, and you refuse to provide one.

Help yourself by being open to the obvious.

Now science (CDC, Fauci, etc) says it DOES help, but even if it’s just a maybe (which it’s not), why would you be so stubborn?

Why? Tell us why.

FYI - I always laughed on the inside at people who wiped down their groceries carts in advance pre-Covid. I believe in a workout for the immune system. Our kids always got us sick when they went back to school. We lived in Florida and everyone got sick when the germs came down fron the north in the winter.

THIS is different. Time to be smart and I’m not risking others by being unreasonable.

Uh, I think I just gave you my basic reason. If wearing masks is not the best course, then why would I wear one? THIS isn't different.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Uh, I think I just gave you my basic reason. If wearing masks is not the best course, then why would I wear one? THIS isn't different.
    Describe “not the best course”. What the hell does that mean?

Masks are a very important part of the equation. There are a lot of ways to combat this. We need to use every tool in the box.

How is that so hard for you to see?

Last edited by xu82; 10-14-2020 at 12:22 AM.

Describe “not the best course”. What the hell does that mean?

Masks are a very important part of the equation. There are a lot of ways to combat this. We need to use every tool in the box.

How is that so hard for you to see?

The VERY clear distinction I see in all of this is that if elected I personally believe that Biden will force more restrictions, shutdowns, nationwide mask mandates etc etc. That will have devastating impacts to far more people than if we continue down the path of where we are now. Open the country back up, be personally responsible for your own well being and the well being of others you come in contact with. Those that have compromised immune systems and are older need to even more cautious and diligent. A vaccine is imminent and will be here in the next 90-120 days.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    The VERY clear distinction I see in all of this is that if elected I personally believe that Biden will force more restrictions, shutdowns, nationwide mask mandates etc etc. That will have devastating impacts to far more people than if we continue down the path of where we are now. Open the country back up, be personally responsible for your own well being and the well being of others you come in contact with. Those that have compromised immune systems and are older need to even more cautious and diligent. A vaccine is imminent and will be here in the next 90-120 days.

I am NOT for government mandated restrictions on mask wearing. (Individual businesses? Sure, if they want, and most do.) If we just exercise some personal responsibility we can almost certainly eliminate the risk or perceived need of tthat.

I am NOT for government mandated restrictions on mask wearing. (Individual businesses? Sure, if they want, and most do.) If we just exercise some personal responsibility we can almost certainly eliminate the risk or perceived need of tthat.
    I see the vast majority of people wearing masks out in public. The virus will persist until we find a vaccine........

Sophomore
    The problem with masks is 80% of the population probably don’t use properly. Either by not washing or wearing the same medical mask over and over again, constantly touching their masks etc...

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I see the vast majority of people wearing masks out in public.
    Outside? Like if people are walking on a sidewalk, they're wearing a mask? If so, where do you live?

People rarely wear masks outside around here, including myself. We were in Highlands NC last month where there is a city requirement to have them in all public places, including sidewalks downtown. That is pretty rare and felt strange.

I get a kick out of people who wear a mask in the car by themselves. What is that about? I wear it to protect others from me indoors. I think they deserve that minimal effort on my part to make them feel safe, and hopefully stay healthy. I owe them that.
    Last edited by xu82; 10-14-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Outside? Like if people are walking on a sidewalk, they're wearing a mask? If so, where do you live?
    In confined spaces......where they are encouraged to be worn. Restaurants, retail, church etc.